Image Source: Pexel.com
The biggest advantage of using LearnDash is that you can always use an extension for more functions.
In other words, ‘there’s always a plugin for that’.
Similarly, there are many plugins to support the reporting and analytical side of data in LearnDash. They provide reports that reveal meaningful information by tracking every LearnDash activity.
Plus, you can export these reports and share them with your instructors, group leaders, and even learners.
So in this article, I’ll take you through the best reporting plugins in LearnDash. From key features to pricing, we’ll go over everything.
But first, let’s understand how a reporting extension can help you.
Why do you need reporting add-ons in LearnDash?
Reporting in LearnDash is good. But there’s still room for advancement.
By default, you can get a bird’s eye view of what’s happening on your LMS.
Like how many learners have enrolled, and how many have completed a course or are in progress. Which course has the highest enrollment and is generating the most revenue etc.
That’s all well and good.
But to understand things like course engagement, learner behavior, progress, and performance, you need to resort to advanced reporting solutions.
With the help of reports offered by these plugins, you get insights at your fingertips so that you don’t have to keep guessing.
In a nutshell reporting plugins in LearnDash help:
- Report on more than just basic LearnDash activities,
- Offer insights to take the guesswork out of LearnDash analytics,
- Breakdown progress by specific course modules,
- Helps track learner activity as soon as they enroll,
- Drills down quiz results, and more.
Now that we know the importance of reporting and analysis in LearnDash, let’s discuss some of them in-depth.
What are the best reporting plugins for LearnDash?
It comes with the most comprehensive reporting dashboard and graphical reports with all important data in one place. So that you don’t have to nit-pick information.
These reports let you monitor the time taken to complete all courses, quizzes, lessons, topics, etc. by tracking their activity in real-time.
With this plugin, you can also keep a check on all the course modules, quizzes, and assignments that get completed or are pending.
The reports present in the reporting dashboard provide course-specific, learner-specific as well as quiz-specific data. Thus offering insights by tracking their course completion rates, quiz completion rates, and learner pass/fail rates.
You can also explore ‘custom quiz reports’ to further evaluate learner performance and know whether they understand the course or not.
Note: Want to see the plugin in action? Take a plugin tour.
Key features in WISDM Reports for LearnDash:
- Customizable reporting dashboard for all user roles to minimize fidgeting around
- Advance filters to drill down information and get relevant data from all course, quiz, learner, and group-wise reports
- Intuitive graphical reports that help you make decisions quickly
- Exportable reports to share among stakeholders saving you time and resources
- Insights that help you stay on top of courses, quizzes, lessons, and topics.
- Learning trends to identify drop-off points, laggards, and top-performing learners, as well as courses.
- WISDM Reports for LearnDash Free
- You can get WISDM Reports for LearnDash Pro @$80/ year
Protip: Read this article to learn how you can get insights on your LearnDash LMS using WISDM Reports for LearnDash
TinCanny reporting for LearnDash by Uncanny Owl is another advanced tool that simplifies reporting and analytics in LearnDash. It tracks ALL LeanDash activities.
Do you use SCORM and xAPI-compliant modules in your LearnDash courses?
Tin Canny reporting for LearnDash records all SCORM and xAPI/Tin Can data as well as other LearnDash records. In fact, it’s the only plugin that does so.
Using this plugin, admins and group leaders can see the learning activity and trends at a glance. They can access courses and user reports to check how long users are taking to complete courses.
Also, they can drill down these reports further to check lesson, topic, or quiz-specific activities.
What’s more is that this plugin allows you to add Storyline, Rise, Captivate, iSpring, and other SCORM and xAPI modules into your courses.
Key features in Tin Canny Reporting for LearnDash:
- Drilled down course reports for admins and group leaders to monitor learner activity
- Quiz reports that records LearnDash as well as SCORM and xAPI quiz scores
- Reporting dashboard to quickly view course completion trends
- Tracking activities for all Tin Can and SCORM compliant files
- E-learning content uploader to add modules to courses
To get an overview of the plugin, check out this video.
- Single – $179 /year*
- Business – $249 /year*
- Unlimited – $349 /year*
Essentially, User Insights is a reporting and analytics tool that gives you tools to look into your WordPress users’ data. But it adds a LearnDash module as well to allow users to track LearnDash course & learner activity.
The module records courses completed, quizzes completed, quizzes passed, and other course/quiz activities. It also lets you explore quiz attempts.
All the analytics are present in the form of a user table that you can search, segment, and analyze with the help of filters.
Key features of User Insights
- Allows you to search data in user tables by the level of course engagement
- Smart filters to further drill down into lessons and topics
- Quiz-related fields to explore and evaluate quiz performance by each user or LearnDash groups
- User profile section that includes information like course activity, course access, quiz attempts, groups, and last activity.
- Export function to download and share the user list in a CSV format
Note: There’s no live demo available.
Pricing Plans :
- Personal – $99 /year
- Business- $199 /year
- Agency – $449 /year
Created by the folks at RealBig plugins, Gradebook for LearnDash adds a powerful grade book and report card system to LearnDash.
It allows instructors and group leaders to quickly overview all users’ grades, search for grade averages, and sort the results using filters. Hence, no need to jump between reports.
This plugin eliminates the need for a dashboard. Instructors can easily view the grades for courses, quizzes, homework, and monitor student activity from the front end of the site.
Therefore this add-on allows additional ways for instructors and group leaders to easily manage and track student progress from a centralized location.
Key features in Gradebook for LearnDash:
- Improved UI for LearnDash instructors and group leaders with access to front-end grade book summarizing all grade-level activities
- Report card system including links to the quiz/assignment etc. that the students can click and view
- Gradebook exporter for LearnDash to export all grades for each student
- Manual grade entry to easily alter grades and add new grades for non-LearnDash items like classroom participation and projects etc.
- Adjustable weighted grades to calculate grade items as a percentage.
Note: There’s no live demo available for this add-on.
- Single Site License -$79.00
- Five Site License – $109.00
- Unlimited Site License – $149.00
Front-end grades and scores for LearnDash is a reporting add-developed by the team at 24/7 Digital Classrooms. This plugin allows course admins to show individual user scores at the front end by automating scoring.
Course admins can also provide feedback on their courses.
This plugin equips admins and group leaders with printable assessment and progress reports with GPAs to share with students. Advance scoring makes scoring for complex assignments and projects easy.
With the help of these reports, admins can also provide recommendations for courses and live sessions making adaptive learning easy and effective.
Key features in LearnDash Frontend Scores and Reports:
- Assessment and quiz reports to track and compare quiz results, completion times, and learning objectives.
- Assignment reports for advance scoring and feedback. It also allows peer-level scoring without accessing the backend.
- Recommendation reports for additional courses, lessons, topics, and live sessions based on quiz performance.
- Printable report cards and transcripts with avg. scores for multiple courses and weighted scores.
- Front-end reports for group leaders to check the progress of the group at a glance.
Note: You can see all the reports here.
Pricing Plans: You can get Front-end scores and reports at $79.99 every year
LearnDash lets you record and track all the basic LearnDash activities. But to evaluate learner and course activities, you need to extend it with advanced reporting and grading features.
So to help you with it, we’ve curated this list of the top 5 reporting add-ons that can be used to evaluate Learndash courses and learner activity.
Honestly, all extensions are worth giving a try. But choosing one will depend on your needs.
If you use Storyline, adobe captivate,iSpring, or any other SCORM x API compliant module in your courses, and want a reporting plugin that tracks SCORM statements then you must simply go with TinCanny Reporting for LearnDash.
If you work in a traditional classroom setting or a blended learning environment then you can check out Gradebook for LearnDash
Otherwise, if you want a clutter-free UI and comprehensive reports in one dashboard then WISDM Reports for LearnDash is the best option.
Again, the tool you want will depend on your current as well as future reporting needs.
So, I hope this article helped you in your search for a reports tool
Let us know which one you would recommend to others in the comments below.