On June 14th, the team at WooCommerce released WooCommerce 6.6. In this release, you can look forward to exciting new updates and commits.
The new WooCommerce 6.6 is backward compatible with the previous versions. But before updating, you must ensure that the theme and other plugins are compatible. Creating a backup of your site is also recommended.
Note: Check out this update guide for more information.
What can you expect in WooCommerce 6.6?
- To level up marketing, the new release will include a new TikTok Marketing Extension.
- The new update will support the minimum WordPress version 5.8 all the way to the latest 6.0.
- All WooCommerce blocks updated to version 7.6.0.
- 904 commits from 51 contributors in WooCommerce Core.
- 97 commits from 21 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks.
Apart from these changes, the release also adds one new Action that will be triggered right before the Pay for Order form. And a new Filter to customize the count of orders post the synchronization step.
To see what else is new in WooCommerce 6.6, you can check the latest changelog for this release here.