Picture yourself in a labyrinth, with twists and turns at every corner. That’s the landscape of online education today – complex, unpredictable, and constantly changing. Educational institutions are like explorers, always on the hunt for innovative ways to navigate this maze and keep their students engaged.
In the heart of this labyrinth, we find our client, Therapy Team Educational Services, not just finding their way, but carving out a new path.
Therapy Team had a vision as clear as a crystal. They wanted to supercharge their LearnDash LMS, aiming to create a digital learning environment that was as immersive as it was effective. But bringing this vision to life was no easy task. It was akin to crafting a masterpiece, requiring a blend of creativity, technical expertise, and a deep understanding of the learners’ needs.
About Our Client
MaryLu Cianciolo is a non clinical instructor at Therapy Team. She is a principal with Therapy Team Educational Services where she is the instructor for the Legal, Scope of Practice, and Ethics sections of their course preparing physical therapy graduates for the NPTE and NPTAE.
MaryLu is also the owner of the business. She provides online and offline courses that prepare Physical Therapists and Physical Therapists Assistants to pass their Licensure Boards.
She has been into this business for the last 20 years and moved online 7 years back.
Therapy Team, a flourishing educational institution with a strong online presence, aimed to enhance its operational efficiency. They sought to integrate LearnDash with their existing website and introduce customizations around Theme, LearnDash Quizzes, and Assignments.
However, implementing these changes was a complex task. It needed to be user-friendly, efficient, and capable of maintaining website performance during the update. The system had to be robust enough to handle any load.
The challenge was to create a system that could handle these changes efficiently. Therapy Team needed a solution that would streamline their operations and improve the learning experience for their students, majority of whom reported wanting a more interactive and engaging online learning platform. This was the challenge they brought to us.
We conceived a solution which was based on 3 fundamental factors – minimal time spent, minimal expenditure, maximum output – the approach that we use for all our key partners – the WISDM approach.
The client needed our help in optimizing their LearnDash LMS for coaching Physical Therapists and Physical Therapists Assistants in taking their boards. We had to provide customizations around the theme, assignments, quizzes and relevant integrations for the Live Webinar.
So, we went with the following approach:
- Theme Customization – We switched to the Social Learner Theme for LearnDash for powerful learning features.
- Instructor Customization – We created a custom feature for the assignments, where the instructor can provide feedback on the assignment.
- Disable Copy Content – Since the client wanted that the content on the website should not be easily copied, we disabled the option to select or right click.
- Live Webinar Integration – We created a custom integration between LearnDash and their existing website for online live seminar course
- LearnDash App Creation – We created an application to support their existing website
- API Integration for LearnDash App – We customized the mobile app to achieve the desired user flow
Though there are hurdles to every project, but we were sought to resolve any challenges.
The first big challenge was switching the theme to Social Learner since it was a custom theme and had to be done without any glitches.
Another major challenge was to maintain the website functionality during these updates.
Finally, customizing the mobile app for a smooth and uninterrupted user experience was also a huge task.
The Wisdm Factor
- Modified approach for assignments – Added a custom feature that was in line with the client’s approach
- Theme customization – Fashioned a custom theme that aligns perfectly with organization’s vision
- Mobile App – Developed an app to support the client’s website and increase accessibility
Want to enhance your Learning Management System?