Some eCommerce giants like Amazon make millions every day by just upselling and cross-selling!!
Now, you may not be as big as Amazon but, guess what – IT DOESN’T MATTER!
This strategy works like magic – irrespective of the industry and size. If you want to increase revenues by 10-30% in your WooStore, a good upselling & cross-selling strategy is your golden key.
Recommending a ‘better version’ or a ‘frequently bought product’ sounds easy. However, the real trick lies in placing these options strategically. And, that’s what will encourage your customer to spend extra cash.
With these strategies in your artillery, you have greater chances of increasing your Average Order Value. This will ultimately lead to higher conversions.
Now, to ensure you get this right, I’ve curated a list of 8 Best WooCommerce Upsell & Cross-sell plugins you can use to maximize your profits 🙂
Go, dig in!
1. YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together by YITH
YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together is one of the most popular upselling and cross-selling plugins available today. With this extension, you’ll be able to suggest ‘Related products’ or ‘Frequently bought together’ items to your customers. In doing so, you can arouse the interest of your customers to buy your suggested item.
Suggesting products people usually buy together can be very appealing. For e.g: Recommending phone covers for customers buying a new phone. Using this effective marketing strategy can lead to a significant increase in your conversions and Average Order Value.
Plus, you can even choose to show the suggestions to a specific target audience. Also, your recommendations can save them lots of time.
Key Features of YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together
- Option to automatically promote the related products, up-sells, or cross-sells to the customer checking out a product
- Pick the number of products you want to recommend and choose to show them randomly or a few selected products
- Freedom to make the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ up-selling box visible anywhere on the products page
- Set up discounts on the up-selling products and push customers to hit the buy button
- Easily access the linked products list to monitor or remove the related products as per your convenience
Pro’s and Con’s of YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together
|1. It provides options for up-selling as well as cross-selling.||–|
|2. Allows you to set up discounts on the up-selling product to encourage customers to buy it immediately.|
|3. Integrates smoothly with other plugins developed by YITH to add more value.|
|4. Easy to set up and get started in an instant.|
To explore the plugin’s features and functions, make sure to go through the Live Demo before purchasing.
- $69.99 – Single site Annual License
2. Cart Upsell for WooCommerce by Skrotron
You can use this simple add-on to display products to your customers on the cart page based on the Conditions you’ve set as rules. It empowers you to create conditions based on Products, Categories, and Cart Totals. The best part – You can create two rule groups: A) ‘The AND group B) ‘The OR group’.
Now, depending on the conditions or rules you’ve set, the product will appear for upselling on the cart page only when the conditions are met.
However, if you’ve not set any conditions, it automatically monitors your customer’s shopping cart. And, displays the upsell offer you’ve created thereby, encouraging your customer to increase their Average Order Value.
Key Features of Cart Upsell for WooCommerce
- Display products smoothly as an upsell on the cart page without any hassle
- Set up ‘AND/OR’ conditions as rules for customers to make the upsell product visible
- Add multiple conditions related to Products, Categories, and Cart Total
- Customize product title, image, and color for each product
- Use auto mode or customize color scheme with your site to increase conversions
Pro’s and Con’s of Cart Upsell for WooCommerce
|1. Set unique conditions to make the upsell available for the customers.||1. Limited upselling features.|
|2. Easy Installation and no coding expertise needed.|
|3. Make the upsell visible with or without conditions.|
I’d suggest you check out the Live Demo before making a purchase decision.
- $29 – Single site Annual License
3. WISDM Custom Product Boxes by WisdmLabs
The WISDM Custom Product Boxes is a powerful plugin that’ll make cross-selling seem like a walk in the park. It is designed to let you create and offer pre-built product bundles or kits.
You can add as many complementary or similar products together in a bundle. It’s a great opportunity to club low-selling related products with high-selling products. And, offer this bundle at a cheaper price to maximize your sales.
This product bundling will give you far better sales than individual items as customers perceive bundles to be more valuable and economical. For e.g: McDonald’s Happy Meal.
But, here’s the best part – this add-on goes a step ahead allowing your customers to mix and match and create their own assorted bundles. In addition, you can also provide your customers with the option to checkout partially-filled bundles. With this, you’ll not just be cross-selling products but also be providing a great shopping experience.
Key Features of WISDM Customer Product Boxes
- Offer related products to create pre-made bundles or kits to shorten customers’ decision-making process
- Option to add simple or variable products to the pre-built bundles
- Allow customers to mix and match and create their own assorted bundles at a fixed price to improve cross-sell
- Set Fixed or Variable Pricing type for product bundles as per your wish
- Change the color, layout, and style of your bundles to match your store’s identity
- Earn recurring revenue by setting up subscriptions for bundles
- Enable customers to checkout partially filled bundles at their convenience
Pro’s and Con’s of WISDM Custom Product Boxes
|1. Easy and Quick cross-selling with Product Bundles and Kits.||1. 4.1.0 Modern layouts do not have customizer options, only can be created from the frontend.|
|2. Increase customer loyalty by enabling customers to create mix and match assortment bundles. (frontend layouts with customizer option)|
|3. Simple setup with detailed documentation available.|
|4. Highly responsive support team available at all times.|
|5. Offers a 15 Day Free Trial to experience all the premium features of the plugin.|
Do check out its Live Demo to acquaint yourself with all of its awesome functions.
Moreover, you can now opt for a Free 15 Day Trial to experience how the plugin works, how it integrates with your website, and explore all of its premium features. Plus, you get access to premium support and the freedom to cancel your subscription anytime during the Trial period. Try it before you Buy it!
- 15 Day Free Trial available.
- $79 – Single site Annual License
4. Cart Add-ons by WooCommerce
Now, this is a really simple add-on developed by WooCommerce. It lets you upsell and cross-sell products on the Cart page. You can display product recommendations when people are about to check out thereby, invoking your customers’ interest.
By placing recommendations in the cart, the plugin enables you to easily increase conversions and profitability. Your customers are most vulnerable during the checkout process and with this strategy, you can tap into their vulnerability which can lead to impulsive buying. This plugin works great for up-selling and cross-selling strategies.
Key Features of Cart Add-ons
- Define Category-linked, Product linked, or Default add-on to upsell products as per your choice
- Choose the number of products to be displayed and customize the product titles conveniently
- Seamlessly integrates with other WooCommerce plugins to add more value to your WooStore
Pro’s and Con’s of Cart Add-ons
|1. A simple plugin suitable for setting up basic upsell and cross-sell strategy.||1. Lack of upselling and cross-selling functionalities.|
|2. Easy configuration with barely any complex settings||2. Live Demo isn’t available to test out its features.|
|3. Extensive documentation is available.|
Unfortunately, you’ll have to rely on the reviews and ratings since the Live Demo for the plugin isn’t available.
- $29 – Single site Annual License.
5. Boost Sales for WooCommerce by VillaTheme
Unlike other plugins on the list, this one isn’t too popular. But, it is equally powerful when it comes to boosting your sales through upselling and cross-selling strategies.
This add-on allows you to create and display upsell pop-ups when your customers add products to the cart. With product suggestions, you stand a greater chance of upselling your products and increasing the average cart value.
Moreover, to further scale your revenues, you can even create product bundles. And, showcase these bundles as cross-sell pop-ups in the Products, Cart, and the Checkout page. You’re free to position the cross-sell pop-up as per your convenience to make it as effective as possible.
With that being said, what really makes this plugin stand out is its ability to add a discount bar on the cart page. This, in turn, will influence your customers to increase their cart value to avail discounts.
Key Features of Boost Sales for WooCommerce
- Configure products for the upsell pop-up in an instant
- Create upsell pop-ups with products chosen by you, products belonging to the same category, or products frequently bought with each other
- Build product bundles and sell at discounts through cross-selling pop-ups.
- Display product bundles under the Add to Cart button or above description tab as per your plans
- Add variations to cross-sell bundles and customize the pop-up message to give it a human touch
- Use the discount bar to inform the customers about the amount they need to spend to get the discount
Pro’s and Con’s of Boost Sales for WooCommerce
|1. Comes with tons of features suitable for creating basic as well as advanced upsell and cross-sell strategies.||1. Doesn’t enable customers to create their own product bundle.|
|2. This plugin is responsive and works on any device.|
|3. Quick support available at all times.|
|4. Easy to use|
Don’t forget to take a look at its Live Demo before locking in on a decision.
- $39.38 – Single site Annual License.
6. Product Recommendations by SomewhereSam
This is a smart upsell and cross-sell plugin that combines human and machine intelligence. It lets you recommend products in an engaging manner to your customers. You can create your own upsell or cross-sell products using the rule-based recommendation engine.
Using this extension allows you to strategically place the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ recommendations on the products page, cart page, etc. In doing so, it lets you improve the shopping experience for your customers significantly.
Plus, you can increase your average order value by pitching the right product to the right customer at the right time by recommending recently viewed products from the recently viewed category. Moreover, you can even offer personalized upsells either before or after checkout encouraging customers to increase their cart value.
Key Features of Product Recommendations
- Create Amazon-style Product recommendations for your store
- Add recommendations to the entire products list in bulk and save tons of time
- Place product recommendations strategically in over 20 locations of your WooStore
- Offers in-depth analytics to analyze and measure the impact of your product recommendations
- Build a custom recommendations engine with your own rules by recommending top-rated products, seasonal products, etc. to increase conversions
Pro’s and Con’s of Product Recommendations
|1. Offers in-depth analytics to gauge the impact of recommendations.||1. Slightly expensive for the features it has to offer.|
|2. Easy to set up without any complex configurations.||2. Live Demo isn’t available.|
|3. Has a responsive and dedicated support team|
|4. Extensive documentation is available|
There’s no Live Demo available for this plugin. So, you’ll have to rely on the reviews before buying.
- $79 – Single site Annual License.
7. WooCommerce One Click Upsell Funnel by makewebbetter
This is a unique plugin since it allows you to upsell products to your customers through post-purchase offers. You can create responsive upselling pages as it supports major page builders in WordPress. Offering a post-purchase upsell is a great strategy since it’s less distracting and adds more value to your customer’s initial purchase. Moreover, it even lets you target product categories to trigger special upsell offers.
For e.g: You can create an upsell funnel that will be triggered when your customer buys a product from the Furniture category.
And, while the plugin is great when it comes to creating upsell funnels. However, the only downside is – it lacks features to facilitate cross-sell functions.
Key Features of WooCommerce One Click Upsell Funnel
- Option to offer an upgrade to your customer on the existing purchase of a product after the checkout is done
- Increase the chances of sales by adding upsell and down-sell offers in a single funnel
- Control your customer’s behavior by redirecting them to another upsell offer after accepting or rejecting the previous one
- Create unlimited upsell or down-sell funnels
- Freedom to customize and design your upsell offer pages at your convenience
Pro’s and Con’s of WooCommerce One Click Upsell Funnel
|1. It is suitable if you want to offer only upsell functionality in your WooStore.||1. Doesn’t allow you to cross-sell products in your WooStore.|
|2. Easy to install and get started.||2. It is slightly expensive for the functions it offers.|
|3. Works with major page builders.|
|4. Extensive documentation available.|
Don’t forget to try out its Live Demo before buying he plugin.
- $55 – Single site Annual License.
8. WISDM Customer Specific Pricing by WisdmLabs
Discounts make for a great upselling strategy.
And, WISDM Customer Specific Pricing – one of the popular dynamic pricing plugins out there enables you to upsell strategically. It allows you to easily create Cart Discount rules by setting discount ranges.
For e.g: ‘20% discount can be availed if the Cart total amount ranges between $50 – $100’,
‘Get a 50% discount if the Cart Total value ranges between $100 – $200’
Doing this encourages customers to buy more products in order to avail higher discounts. Plus, it also enables you to sell more quantities of products and speed up your Inventory turnover significantly.
In addition, you can even increase upselling opportunities by creating discounting rules for product categories and sub-categories. For e.g: ‘20% Discounts on Furnitures (category) and 30% discount on all Chairs (sub-category)’.
Furthermore, the plugin comes with tons of advanced dynamic pricing functionalities. This includes offering personalized pricing for different customer segments, creating quantity discounts, setting store-wide discounts, etc. to scale your WooStore to the next level.
Key Features of WISDM Customer Specific Pricing
- Option to set Cart discounts for First-Time, Existing, and Guest Buyers to increase upsells and conversions
- Set Minimum and Maximum cart Value ranges and assign discounts accordingly
- Fix maximum discount value a customer can avail per order
- Create upselling opportunities by offering discounts on product categories & sub-categories.
- Display custom messages on the cart page to inform customers about the available discounts
- Offer Cart and Quantity discounts to increase upselling opportunities.
- Choose to exclude Products/Users/Groups/Categories from Cart Discounts as per your will.
Pro’s and Con’s of WISDM Customer Specific Pricing
|1. Lets you create cart & quantity discounts to increase upselling opportunities.||1. Combinational discounts not available|
|2. Easy to set up and get started.|
|3. Comes with tons of advanced Dynamic pricing functionalities to scale your WooStore to greater heights.|
|4. Has an extremely dedicated and responsive support team.|
You should check out its Live Demo to test out the Cart Discounts/Upsell function and other features as well.
- $80 – Single site Annual License
1. I want to apply an Amazon-style upselling & cross-selling strategy in my business, which plugin fits the bill?
You can use plugins like Product Recommendations by SomewhereSam and YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought together by YITH to upsell & cross-sell on the cart and other pages.
2. I offer products of similar nature in my store. Can I club these products to increase my sales?
Yes. The WISDM Custom Product Bundles extension allows you to club complementary or related products together in a bundle or packages thereby, opening up opportunities for cross-selling.
3. Which plugin provides better after-sale support?
All of the plugins have a great support team. But, if I had to pick one, then I’d go with WISDM Custom Product Bundles as they have a great track record of resolving queries within 24 hours.
So, this was my list for the Best WooCommerce Upsell and Cross-sell plugins!
And, believe me, all of the above plugins will do an amazing job at increasing your Average Order Value. But, since you’ve got to pick one, I suggest you choose a plugin that fits your needs and requirements the best.
However, if you’re still confused, let me try and make it easier for you. Here are my top 3 personal recommendations based on their functions, ease of use, suitability for basic and advanced levels, and support.
- WISDM Custom Product Boxes by WisdmLabs or
- YITH WooCommerce Frequently Bought Together or
- Product Recommendations by SomewhereSam
Again, these are just recommendations based on my experiences. But, you should select the one that matches your needs in the best possible way.
With that being said, I hope this article was able to shower valuable insights to make your decision-making process easier.
In case, you’ve used any other plugin, feel free to comment below and I’ll add them to the list 🙂