The success of your WooStore is largely determined by the experience your customers have in your store.
Honestly, eCommerce, in recent years, has developed this huge pool of customers from different walks of life.
And, if your goal is to provide a genuinely good experience to various customer segments by
- Either presenting your store differently to each segment or
- Preventing your store from creating a negative impact or
- Wanting Registered users to experience your store different from the Unregistered ones or
- Exclude specific users from buying certain products or
- Just capture leads for marketing products or
- Showcase exclusive stock catalog
Then, you’ve come to the right place 🙂
In this article, I’ll talk about 6 Incredibly Best WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugins you can use to raise the bar for customer experience on your WooStore. Plus, all of these plugins are FREE!
So, let’s quickly get started!
1. WISDM Product Catalog Manager
The WISDM Product Catalog Manager is a simple and powerful WooCommerce plugin. It has the ability to turn your WooStore into catalog mode or a members-only store within minutes.
Developed by certified WooExperts, this plugin enables you to ‘Hide Prices’ and ‘Add to Cart’ buttons on your store with extreme ease. In doing so, you can make your store seem exclusive for your Registered Users. Plus, it also increases the appeal among your Guest Users. This will encourage them to sign up to gain access and complete the purchase.
With this catalog mode plugin for WooCommerce, you can launch your unique store without needing any developer’s intervention! Moreover, to enhance this functionality, you can also download the free version of WISDM Product Enquiry Pro that will add Inquiry and Request a Quote button to your products page.
This will enable you to cater to their Inquiries and convert your potential customers quickly.
Key Features of WISDM Product Catalog Manager
- Display upcoming products or create a store catalog by Hiding Pricing and Buy button
- Maintain exclusivity by disallowing guest users and visitors from buying products
- Enable Registered users to view and buy products without restrictions to make them feel special
- Encourage store registrations by adding a link and taking the Guest Users to the custom page or the sign-up page
Pros & Cons
|1. WISDM Product Catalog Manager is simple to set up and easy to use.||1. Does not offer User Specific Catalog Mode|
|2. Designed for Beginners and Professionals equally|
|3. Excellent support team available at all times|
|4. It is highly reliable as it is developed by certified WooExperts|
|5. Integrates with WISDM Product Enquiry Pro to enable Inquiries and Request a Quote functionalities|
Before you install the plugin, you can also check out its Live Demo to explore different functionalities.
2. YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode
This is one of the most popular Free Product Catalog mode plugins for WooCommerce. Within 2 clicks, it lets you turn your WooStore into an online catalog store. What works best – Once you’ve enabled catalog mode, it gives you the flexibility to focus on other aspects of your business while maintaining the online visibility.
Similar to any other Catalog mode plugin, this one also lets you Hide the Add to Cart button from the Products page, Shop page, Checkout page, etc. The good part is – Even if the store is set in Catalog Mode, you can alter the settings for the Administrator to view the store in its entirety.
However, the only drawback here is – the Free version has minimal functionalities. Nevertheless, you can also scale up this function using another free plugin – ‘YITH Request a Quote’ created by the same developer. This will let you add a Request form on any page and allow the customers to send in Inquiries about your products.
Key Features of YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode
- Enable/Disable Catalog Mode with ease as per your convenience
- Increase Store Registrations by Hiding Add to Cart buttons from the Products page, Checkout page, etc. for Non-logged in users
- Supports integration with YITH Request a Quote, a free plugin to add a Request a Quote form
- Allow Admin to view the full store despite leaving the catalog mode on to allow him to monitor/make changes in the store.
Pro’s and Con’s
|1. Allow admin the full-fledged view of the store despite the catalog mode to make changes or modifications.||1. Very limited functionalities in the Free Version|
|2. Easy setup and detailed documentation available|
|3. Integrates with the free version of YITH Request a Quote plugin to capture genuine leads.|
Do check out the Live Demo to explore all the free functionalities.
3. Catalog for WooCommerce
This is an easy to use WooCommerce plugin developed by Pheoniixx. With over 2000+ downloads, this plugin lets you convert your WooStore into catalog mode with simplicity and smoothness. Apart from hiding Add to Cart and Pricing options, what makes this plugin different is – it allows you to hide Ratings and Reviews as well from the Shop or Products page.
In doing so, you can force the user to sign up to view the details, reviews, and pricing of the product. Again, the drawback here is – The free version has minimum options available.
Key Features of Catalog for WooCommerce
- Hide the Add to Cart or Price button from the Products page or Shop page to force users to arouse curiosity about the product
- Disable Ratings and Reviews from the Products page and compel users to perform an action of signing up
- Add and stylize a customized button with a link to take users to the registration page
- Provides an easy and simple set up process to get started immediately
Pro’s and Con’s
|1. Comes with a simple set up process||1. Offers minimum functionalities in the free version|
|2. Lets you add a stylized customized button to direct users to the Registration page|
|3. Has over 2000 downloads to its credit|
To experience the plugin’s features, take a look at its Live Demo and see if it fits your needs.
4. eCommerce Product Catalog Plugin for WordPress
Created by ImpleCode, the eCommerce Product Catalog for WordPress is a 100% responsive and powerful plugin. It lets you build and design your product catalog within a few minutes. But, it could be a little complicated to use and might require a developer to configure certain things.
Having said that, it does provide a great degree of flexibility by letting you enable/disable elements such as Product Pricing, Add to Cart options, etc. to encourage unregistered users to become members.
With its robust abilities, the plugin allows you to add product search and filters in several different ways to make your product easily found. You can fully customize the product display with WordPress customizer along with its capability to showcase it anywhere on your page is which makes this plugin stand apart.
Key Features of eCommerce Product Catalog
- Display products anywhere on your site with/without price and custom parameters
- The plugin works with any modern WordPress theme
- Add product and search filters to make your products found easily
- Import and Export your products with a CSV spreadsheet as per your convenience
- Supports integration capabilities with dozens of free WordPress plugins
Pro’s and Con’s
|1. Offers lots of features in the free version||1. It can take some time getting used to the plugin|
|2. Import/Export your products anytime with a CSV spreadsheet|
|3. Works with modern WordPress themes|
|4. Provides detailed documentation|
|5. Suitable for beginners|
Feel free to take a look at the plugin’s Live Demo to explore all its functionalities in depth.
5. WC Catalog Enquiry
An impressive plugin that comes with tons of strong features in its Free version. With this incredible add-on, you can have both shops and catalogs simultaneously. The most impressive feature – Besides the usual ‘Hide Add to Cart and Pricing button’, this plugin goes a step ahead to let you attach a responsive Inquiry form on the products page.
Using this form will make it easier for your customers to Inquire about your products thereby, speeding up their purchase process. You even have the option to sell selected product categories and hide prices for all/guest users as per your choice.
While you can restrict the store for selected users, you can, at your will, also apply the catalog settings for a particular group (registered/non registered) and enable/disable the exclusion rule in one click.
Key Features of WC Catalog Enquiry
- Hide ‘Add to Cart’ and ‘Price’ button for guest users to increase memberships
- Enable catalog mode for specific products to increase appeal among non-registered users
- Place a responsive product Inquiry form with customizable fields to enable customers to drop in Inquiries about your products
- Add a custom button/link for single/all products in a shop page directing guest users to a sign-up page
- Apply catalog mode based on User Groups instead of User Roles
Pro’s and Con’s
|1. It comes with a responsive Inquiry form||1. Lack of documentation and support available|
|2. Offers tons of features for a free plugin||2. The free version may have theme compatibility issues|
|3. The plugin suits both beginners and professionals|
|4. Apply catalog mode to specific products as per your choice|
I’d suggest you check out its Live Demo to gauge its functionalities and working. Also, note that the demo may include certain features from the PRO version. Ensure that your requirements are available with the free version before making a decision.
6. ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode
This WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugin is one of the best add-ons available in the market. It has plenty of premium-like features to offer that will turn your store into catalog mode within no time. You have the option to replace or customize the ‘Add to Cart’ button with your own placeholder or a link to take your customers to a different page as per your convenience.
With this plugin, you unlock the ability to hide Pricing, Cart, and Checkout pages for all or specific products. You can even choose to exclude Admin from these settings so that the site management can be carried out.
The add-on is helpful, especially, when you need a time out to update your stock or carry out site maintenance. During such times, you can enable catalog mode to avoid creating a negative image of your site.
Key Features of ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode
- Choose to apply catalog mode to specific products to highlight the exclusivity
- Customize Add to Cart and Pricing button as per your needs
- Exclude Admin from catalog settings so that site management doesn’t get affected
- Easy setup process to get you started in a jiffy
- Hide the Cart and Checkout pages to push customers to register before purchasing
Pro’s and Con’s
|1. Offers many premium-like features for free||–|
|2. Easy setup process to get started in an instant|
|3. Has a great support team available at all times|
|4. Doesn’t require a technical background to configure the plugin|
You can check out the Live Demo for the premium version and test the above-mentioned functionalities. If the features meet your requirements, you can go ahead and install the plugin.
This was my list of the Free WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugins for 2020! I believe all of these 6 plugins have the potential to provide a brilliant customer experience by converting your store into catalog mode with ease and breeze.
I hope this article was able to shed more light on the various plugins. And, if you’re still confused about the right plugin to go with, let me share my personal choices:
These plugins come with all the basic functionalities in the Free version with a minimum set up and technical knowledge.
Well, those were my thoughts, and if you have any more Free Product Catalog Mode plugins to add to the list, feel free to comment below 🙂