From building new products and workflows to establishing valuable relationships and lucrative partnerships, the past year has been nothing less than a roller coaster ride for us. As the calendar turns to 2019, we believe, it’s the perfect time to look back at a couple noteworthy moments from 2018.
Here’s a sneak peek into some of the amazing things that happened here at WisdmLabs!
The New Products
We rolled out a couple of extremely competent products, each of which has proven to be a prized addition to our product repository.
- WISDM eLumine – With its learner-centric templates, optimised layouts, dynamic sidebars, and unique design, eLumine became the most sought-after theme for LearnDash in no time!
- WisdmApp for LearnDash – This one-of-a-kind mobile application was specifically built to enable LearnDash users to easily tap into the mobile learning scene with industry-leading tech. Loaded with features of a native mobile application, WisdmApp has been a welcome addition to a number of eLearning websites.
- WISDM Group Registration for Lifter LMS – As the name suggests, this plugin rids course creators from the hassle of manually enrolling multiple students, so that they can focus on things that truly matter, i.e creating effective course content.
That’s not all. Edwiser – a subsidiary of WisdmLabs, hasn’t held back on the innovation front either. With their all-new plugin Edwiser Forms, the team is all set to create a significant impact on the Moodle Ecosystem, like they always do.
Friendships and Partnerships
We’re always looking forward to making new friends!
Staying true to our personality, we once again embarked on our first foray into what can be called unchartered territory as partners of a rising eLearning venture – Don’t Memorise. With years of experience in authoring top-notch eLearning tech, education has always been at the heart of what we believe in, at WisdmLabs. Consequently, this new initiative exploits the natural synergy between the two companies.
Here’s what Mr. Rohan Thakre, Our Founder, had to say about it –
“Partnership with Don’t Memorise is a strategic partnership with the potential to create a worldwide impact. While we will enable them to ramp up the technology side of things, their core expertise and focus allows us to contribute significantly to the democratization of K-12 education, starting with our own country. It also allows us to significantly scale up our technology stack and understanding of large scale Ed-Tech interventions and implementation.”
This year, our association with PayPal was also taken one step further, as we became their official System Integrator Partners. By means of our new-found affiliation with BusinessBloomer and Barn2Media and a shared vision of creating substantial value for our fellow WordPress community members, we’re eagerly awaiting the new collaborative opportunities the new year has in store for us.
The External Endeavours
In a digital world, having the opportunity to connect face-to-face with like-minded individuals can be somewhat of a rarity. Be that as it may, we were fortunate enough to be a part of some great events that put forth the opportunity to engage with industry mavens and keep current with the latest trends in the market.
- People Matters L&D Conference 2018 – Learning & Development experts from around the world came together at this conference to enable and empower leaders to spearhead the capability building agenda at their organisations. eLucid, our enterprise learning system or as we like to call it, ‘The Learning Ecosystem’, was one of the primary exhibits at this conference.
- WordCamp 2018 – Like any other WordPress enthusiast, we always look forward to attending WordCamps. This annual meet-up, organised by the local WordPress Communities, entails discussions that cater to the interests of WordPress users, developers, designers, and entrepreneurs, who participate in large numbers. This year, WisdmLabs was one of the proud sponsors of WordCamp Mumbai!
- MoodleMoot India 2018 – The event was organised by the Moodle HQ with an aim to encourage collaboration among Moodlers all over the world. With years of experience in the field of UI/UX, our Designer-in-Chief provided the attendees with a treasure trove of information on ‘How User Experience Affects Learning’. This outing also proved to be extremely insightful for members of our Edwiser team, who had the opportunity to interact with Martin Dougiamas, CEO and Founder of Moodle.
A Bit of Nostalgia, A Dash of Extravaganza
It would be impossible to capture the real essence of WisdmLabs without a glimpse of the fun things we do here – apart from work, of course. 😉
- The 1st of February – a day that holds a special place in all our hearts – marked the completion of 6 years of our journey. We celebrated this occasion with a bunch of fun-tastic games, peppy performances, jesting awards, and of course, a massive cake!
- Every color on the Indian national flag signifies an important part of the Indian tradition, history, vision, and culture. On the 15th of August, Wisdmites donned the tricolor to commemorate our Independence Day.
- Diwali – the festival of lights – signifies new beginnings, light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance and the triumph of good over evil. Our humble celebrations included adorning our office premises with glitzy embellishments, lanterns, candles, and of course, the colorful rangoli artworks! We were also pleasantly surprised with a quintessential Diwali Hamper that boxed traditional Diwali sweets and treats!
- ‘Nexus’ a week-long carnival of festivities, games, and action-packed team events is probably the most awaited conclave of the year for us at WisdmLabs. What makes this bash extra special is the fact that we share the celebrations with our colleagues working from both the branches of Wisdm – Pune, and Mumbai.
- What do you call someone who can’t stop thinking about past Christmases?
Santa-mental! And that we are. Come December 25th, gifts were wrapped, halls were decked, and the holiday spirit was brought to life. We sang we danced, and we had ourselves a very merry Christmas!
- And some pictures, are better off without an explanation……
Bringing in the New Year
The new year, quite literally, brought some new beginnings for us. Our Pune division welcomed 2019 with an upgrade to a brand new state-of-the-art working space in Baner.
As we look back at 12 glorious months of Wisdm, it’s a gratifying reminder of just how much we’ve been able to achieve this year!
That being said, we’re an inquisitive bunch, and we stop at nothing. With a number of major projects lined up, our work is on the brink of stretching far beyond what we’ve accomplished so far. So, stay tuned!
Meanwhile, here’s wishing you a happy and fulfilling new year! May this year bring loads of success and prosperity your way!