How do I install the plugin?
To be able to install WP Courseware Notes, you will need a licensed copy of WP Courseware (version 4.0.4 or above).
- Upon a successful purchase of WP Courseware notes, an email will be sent to the registered email ID with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt ID. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Upload and install the .zip file to install plugin.
- A WP Courseware Note sub-menu will be created under the Plugins menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased Product License Key (you should find the license key in your purchase email).
- Click on Activate License. If license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
Enabling Notes For A Selected Course
Note taking functionality can be enable/disabled for every course.
- Head to Training Courses on your admin sidebar and enter into the course settings for any course for which you wish to enable/disable notes.
- Under Course Settings, head to General Course Details wherein you can find an option to enable/disable notes. Tick the box to enable notes as shown or leave it empty to disable it.
Taking Notes For A Course Unit
Notes can be taken for any Course Unit in a Course for which note-taking functionality has been enabled (see above).
- To take notes, navigate to the front end of any course unit, wherein you will find a Notes widget as shown.
- Clicking on the widget will open a WYSIWYG editor where a learner can make notes. This editor can be resized and repositioned as per your preferences.
- Upon completion, hit ‘Save’ to complete note taking.
Public and Private Notes
- Public Notes can be shared with other learners. When a Note is saved as public, it’s automatically accessible by every other learner enrolled to the course.
- Private notes can only be viewed by the Note author.
- To save a Note as Public or Private, simply select the appropriate tab (as shown) before saving the Note.
Tables & Shortcodes
Public Notes Table
Public Notes can be found listed on the page ‘Public Notes’, which is automatically created when the plugin is installed.
This table can be shown on any page by adding the shortcode [wdm_wpcw_public_notes] in the back end of the page.
Private Notes Table
Private Notes can be found listed on the page ‘My Notes’, which is automatically created when the plugin is installed.
This table can be shown on any page by adding the shortcode [wdm_wpcw_private_notes] in the back end of the page.
Export, Print & Delete Notes
Notes can be exported as a .docx file, printed directly from the table or deleted via the options given as under.
- Fix: Enable /Disable issue notes fixed
- New: Plugin made Translation Ready
- Fix: License issue resolved
- Plugin Released