To be able to install WP Courseware – BuddyPress Integration, you’re going to need activated copies of WP Courseware (version 3.8.3 or above) and BuddyPress.
- Upon purchasing the WPCW – BuddyPress extension, an email will be sent to the registered email ID, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt ID. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Upload and activate the ‘wpcw-bp-inc.zip’ plugin.
- A WP Courseware – BuddyPress sub-menu will be created under the Plugins menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased Product License Key (you should find the license key in your purchase email).
- Click on Activate License. If license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
Associating Courses With BuddyPress Groups
Once the extension is installed, you’ll find a menu item WP Courseware – BuddyPress Integration newly created in your WordPress menu, as shown. Navigate to this menu to find settings for WP Courseware – BuddyPress Integration extension.
Here you can find all your WP Courseware Courses listed against an option to associate it with any particular BuddyPress Group from the drop down.
Choosing Course Activities To Show Within The Group
As see in the image above, every Course-Group Association that you make will let you choose from a set of activities to be streamed within the Group. These are:
- Course Completion: An activity is streamed within the Group whenever a user completes a Course.
- Module Completion: An activity is streamed within the Group whenever a user completes a Module.
- Unit Completion: An activity is streamed within the Group whenever a user completes a Course Unit.
- Quiz Completion: An activity is streamed within the Group whenever a user completes a Quiz.
- Perfect Quizzes: An activity is streamed within the Group whenever a user completes a Quiz with a perfect score.
- Course Certificates: An activity is streamed within the Group whenever a user earns a Certificate.
- Personal Notifications: Checking this option would stream all the Course activities of a particular user into the personal notification tab of all users in the Group.
Please note, unchecking the Personal Notifications will still stream all activities into the Group Activity Stream.
Displaying Course Progress On User Profile
On the WP Courseware – BuddyPress menu page, you can find the check box to display Course Progress, Grades and the Certificates achieved by the user.
Sharing Course Activity on Facebook & Twitter
Sharing on Facebook and Twitter is currently applicable only to Course and Quiz completion. Once a user completes a Course or a Quiz, he/she will be prompted to share the same on Facebook or Twitter as shown below:
Users can simply enter the tweet that they’d like to share and hit send. To enable sharing on Facebook, the admin would need to enter the developer App Key generated by Facebook.
Displaying Course Activities On Course Page
To display Course Activities in a tabbed format along with Course Contents, use the shortcode:
Finding Members By Course
Enabling WP Courseware – BuddyPress extensions adds a “Filter by Course” drop down to the Members Page and My Friends page, as shown:
Members can be easily be searched for filtered by Course using this filter.
- New: Made the plugin translation ready.
- Bug fix: Resolved warnings & a minor issue in the licensing module.
- Bug fix: User could download other users certificates even though not logged in
- Bug Fix: General Fixes
- Plugin Release
- Beta Version Released