How do I install the plugin?
- Upon purchasing the WooCommerce Scheduler plugin, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Go to Plugin-> Add New menu in your dashboard and click on the ‘Upload’ tab. Choose the ‘woocommerce-scheduler.zip’ file to be uploaded and click on ‘Install Now’.
- After the plugin has installed successfully, click on the Activate Plugin link or activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
- An Scheduler Setting License sub-menu will be created under Plugins menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key. Click on Activate License. If license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
- Upon entering a valid license key, and activating the license, you will find scheduler settings on every WooCommerce product add/edit settings page.
To display a message to a store visitor, when the product is unavailable for purchase, go to WooCommerce > Settings > General. There are two options available.
- The ‘Single Product Expiration Message‘ field can be used to set an unavailable message on the single product page.
- The ‘Shop Page Expiration Message‘ field can be used to set an unavailable message on the WooCommerce shop page.
- Select ‘Per day‘ to make the product available from the Start Time to End Time on every date from Start Date to End Date.
- For example if ‘Start Date’ is set as ’02/04/2015 10:00′ and ‘End Date’ is set to ’14/04/2015 20:00′, the product will be available on each day 02nd to 14th from 10a.m. to 8p.m. each day.
- The per day option also allows you to schedule product on certain days of the week.
- Select ‘Entire duration‘ to make the product available from the ‘Start Date’ to the ‘End Date’.
- For example if ‘Start Date’ is set as ’02/04/2015 10:00′ and ‘End Date’ is ’14/04/2015 20:00′, the product will be available from 02nd 10a.m. to 14th 8p.m.
WooCommerce Product Settings
Once the plugin is activated, you will see the ‘Product Display Dates’ settings added on a product add/edit page. Use the ‘Start Date – End Date’ options, to set product purchase availability.
If you have selected the ‘Per Day‘ schedule option, you should also notice settings to schedule a product on certain days of the week.
The ‘Days of Week’ option allows you to schedule a product on certain days. For example, let’s say you set the start date as ’10/05/2015 10:30′, end date as ’12/17/2015 22:00′, and pick ‘Tuesday’, ‘Friday’, ‘Saturday’ as days of the week. The product will be available for purchase, every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 5th Oct to 17th Dec, from 10:30 a.m. to 10: p.m.
Remember to save any changes made.
Bulk Product Scheduler
Under (WooCommerce) ‘Products’, you should notice a ‘Schedule Products’ option. This option allows you to bulk schedule several products at once.
You can either select ‘Product’ or ‘Category’ to continue. You can then pick multiple products or categories to bulk schedule multiple products at once.
Once you pick the products or categories, click on ‘Show Schedule’. You will be shown the same settings to schedule the products as available on a single product page.
Pick the ‘Start date’, ‘End date’ and set the ‘Days of Week’ (for Per Day scheduling) and click ‘Set Schedule’.
Do note, only one schedule will be applied to the products and previously set schedules will be overridden.
Hide Unavailable Products
Checking the ‘Hide Product When Unavailable’ check-box will hide the products from your entire store.
You can hide unavailable products for both Simple and Variable products.
Unavailable products will be automatically turned into drafts and once their schedule is set again they can be published and will be visible on the entire site.
Variable Products Settings
You can now schedule a particular variation of a variable product type.
If a variable product ‘Shirt’ has two variations ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ and the option ‘Hide Product When Unavailable’ has been selected for this product, the variations will be available or hidden based on your schedule.
For example, the variation ‘Blue’ will be available on 21/4/2016 to 21/05/2016 from 1 a.m to 8 p.m each day. While the variation ‘Red’ which has passed it’s availability schedule (14/4/2016 to 26/4/2016 from 1 a.m to 8 p.m) will be hidden.
So, when a shopper wants to purchase the product ‘Shirt’ on 20/05/2016, he/she would only see the variation ‘Blue’ in the drop-down and the variation ‘Red’ will be not shown (since it would be unavailable).
If both the variations are unavailable then the variable product will be automatically saved as a ‘Draft’.
- Fix: Issue in setting new product as Draft fixed
- Improvement: Compatibility with Customer Specific Pricing plugin
- Fix: Variable Product Day’s selection issue solved
- Fix: Hide custom message notice for non admin user
- Fix: On plugin activation days were not being shown for per day option
- Fix: Custom message on product expiration for Variable Product
- New: Hide Unavailable Products
- New: Schedule variations feature available
- Improvement: New Licensing code added
- Improvement: Resolved issues with the plugin license activation
- Improvement: Plugin code made PSR2 compatible
- Bug Fix: Resolved issues with year and mandatory field
- New: Single page to schedule products from dashboard
- New: Multiple products can be scheduled at once
- New: Products can be scheduled based on categories
- New: Multiple categories can be scheduled at once
- New: Tableview to display multiple schedules for products and categories and to be able to delete them
- New: Feature to schedule the product, for selective days in a week, under ‘Per day’ scheduling option
- New: Feature to display separate product expiration messages on the shop page and the single product page
- Improvement: Labels changed
- Improvement: Added functionality for both per day as well as entire day scheduling
- Improvement: Added filter for changing product expiration message, filter name is ‘wdm_expiration_message’
- Improvement: Restricted add-to-cart functionality for a product if product is expired
- Bug Fix: Solved the issue for the ‘Add to Cart’ button enabled when product is unavailable
- Bug Fix: Solved the product expiration message update issue
- Bug Fix: Solved scheduling issue on single product page
- New: Feature to schedule product based on time along with date
- Plugin Released