As an owner of an e-commerce store, you want to find ways to convince an unsure customer to make a purchase. One way is to provide him an option to make an enquiry about a product. An interested customer will definitely make an enquiry, and you can reply to him, address his queries and make a sale.
The Product Enquiry Plugin for WooCommerce, allows you to add an enquiry button to every product page. Using this button, a customer can send an enquiry mail, instead of deciding not to purchase a product. This mail will be sent to a pre-configured e-mail address.
How it Works?
Once you install and activate the plugin, a settings menu, ‘Product Enquiry’, will be created under ‘Products’ menu of the WooCommerce plugin. You can use this menu to set the plugin options.
- Recipient’s Email: The enquiries made will be sent to this email address. By default, the value will be the site admin’s email address.
- Default Subject: You can set the default subject for the enquiry e-mail, this will be used incase the customer does not enter an email address.
- Label for enquiry button: This will be the label for your product enquiry button.
- You can choose to display the enquiry button after each product summary, or at the end of each product page.
- You can choose to provide a checkbox in the enquiry dialog, to allow customer to send a copy of the enquiry mail to himself.
In the frontend, a customer will see the enquiry button. When he clicks the enquiry button, an enquiry dialog will be displayed, with a form. This form will contain fields for customer name (required), email (required), subject and enquiry details (required). When the customer fills the details and clicks send, a mail will be sent to the recipient, you have set in the plugin settings.