What the Project Involved
What were the client’s requirements?
The client had a product promotions website, with membership, but was not well structured.
- The website was designed only for registered users. There was compulsory login on the homepage. The requirement was to restructure visitor flow, to make the website available for registered as well as general visitors.
- The login and membership module had to be updated, to include free and paid registered members
- The look and feel of the website also needed improvement.
How did we provide a solution?
- Created a new home page, which did not enforce a login for visitors. The homepage was styled with sliding banners.
- The login option was instead provided as a modal popup, when the user clicked on a few particular links.
- The login and registration was changed to provide options for free or paid members.
- Separate capabilities were assigned to free and paid members.
- Enhanced the look on login module and shop page.
- Added social media sharing buttons.
ModernItalian.org (MIO) is an online Italian community website along with options to promote and discuss Italian-related products and services.
Primarily, MIO was a website usability and redesign project that involved the creation and integration of custom WordPress plugins for user registrations and login.
Aspects like compulsory login on the home page were modified and the website structure and User Flows were redone to improve website traffic and achieve better rankings on search.