What the Project Involved?
Search Engine Optimization
WooCommerce Store Set Up
Social Sharing Option
Interactive Search Filter
What the Client had to Say about Us
What were the Client’s Requirements?
The clients website was aimed to be an eCommerce site that primarily deals with natural medicinal products. These products can be used to address health concerns such as increasing energy, reducing weight etc. The client needed us to develop this website from scratch with the following requirements.
1. Responsive and Attractive Design
The client needed the website to be responsive so that users viewing the site on any device will be able to navigate and buy the products easily. The client also needed the site to be attractive and be in sync with the concept of natural products.
2. eCommerce Store Set Up
The client wanted to sell natural medicinal products on the website for which he wanted an eCommerce store to be set up. One important specification from the clients end was that the shopping process should be extremely lucid and easy to understand for the user.
3. Interactive Product Filter
The client needed a product filter for the users to be able to search for the required product based on the symptoms that are provided. The product should be searched interactively by the client wherein an input is provided at every step. Now the user will be presented with an output which will be based on the users input.
4. Search Engine Optimization
The number of websites on the web has become enormous. Due to this it has become extremely difficult for your website to rank in organic searches. The client needed the eCommerce website to be search engine optimized to improve website rankings in organic search.
5. Social Sharing Option
The client needed a social sharing option to be able to share the eCommerce shop products on various social networking sites such as Facebook, twitter, Google+ etc.
How did We Provide a Solution?
- The website was built upon the Simple Great Theme to provide the client with a Responsive and Attractive Design. The theme was customized based on the client’s specification in order to keep the website in sync with concept of herbal products.
- The client needed an eCommerce website set up to sell herbal products on the website. WooCommerce was proposed for the implementation of the eCommerce store as it is is one of the most feasible solutions, with an array of extensions available to extend it’s functionality as and when required.
- One of the main feature that the client needed on the website was to provide the users with an Interactive Product Filter. Using this feature users can interact with the system iteratively by providing the system with some information at each step. The interactive search process is mainly modelled around the concept that user will keep giving data inputs until the user has found the item he is searching for on the website
- The client’s requirement of a Search Engine Optimized website was fulfilled by using the WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast. The site was configured to optimize the various title templates, page URLS, taxonomies etc to improve the website’s search ranking in the for organic searches.
- The client needed a feature on the website to share products on social networking sites. Such a feature would beneficial to any client as social media platforms help increase the outreach thereby increasing the traction on the website. It is one of the strongest means of marketing. The client was provided this feature by using Social Media Feather a WordPress plugin which allows users to share website elements effortlessly.