What the Project Involved?
Responsive Website Development
User Experience Enhancement
What were the Client’s Requirements?
The client- an interior designing firm- wanted to renovate look of their website. They had an existing website on WordPress but they wanted the user interface, the user experience design to be completely reworked. Their main requirements were as follows:
1. Responsive Layouts and Attractive Designs
The client needed a responsive website, so that it could be displayed seamlessly across several devices to enhance mobile user experience. The page layouts had to be worked up on, and improved to reflect a clean and elegant design.
2. Portfolio Pages Set Up
The client wanted to highlight their portfolio, which included displaying several images and categorizing their projects for easy user navigation.
How did We Provide a Solution?
- Based on the client’s requirement we divided the task into steps- we needed to rethink the entire design on a page by page basis. But to give us a solid foundation, we needed to pick a different theme.
- We decided to build the website on Durus – a Multipurpose WordPress Theme. We chose this theme because it provided us an inbuilt drag and drop page builder to speed up the website development process.
- The theme provided several user interface elements which made it simple for us to incorporate the changes we were looking for on several pages.
- We created unique designs for the Home Page, About Us Page, Testimonials Page and Contact Us Page.
- We used the Slider Revolution plugin to add an interactive slider on the Home Page.
- We went with a Grid style portfolio page and added categories for easy filtering of the portfolio items.
- The theme colors used were inline with the brand logo.
- An added advantage the theme provided was that it was fully responsive with responsive layouts.
The end result was a truly elegant website, which the clients of course loved!