What the Project Involved?
Gravity Forms Customization
Custom Form Setup
What the Client Had to Say About Us
What were the Client’s Requirements?
The client wanted an evaluation and self assessment functionality to be presented using an online form, to registered users. The online form would contain several questions, and input fields for answers. The answers had to be mapped on-the-fly, as option values for subsequent form fields. The final section of the form had to be then converted to a PDF which the user could view or download.
How did we Provide a Solution?
To begin with, we considered using an available form builder plugin to help us easily create and edit the form if changes were needed. Based on the client’s requirement, we deduced that the Gravity Forms plugin would best suit the use case.
- We set up the Gravity Forms plugin to include all the questions the client needed to be included, and created a multi-page form.
- This form was displayed only to registered users by setting an option provided by the Gravity Forms plugin.
- When a user entered a set of answers for a particular question, the answers had to be added as values from a drop-down select field, in a subsequent section, of the form being filled. This functionality was added by customizing the Gravity Forms plugin.
- The mapping was decided when the form was created and was in-built as part of the solution provided.
- The final section provided a summary of values entered, as part of the self assessment form. This section was used as an input to create a PDF document on the fly. The PDF was generated once the form was submitted.
- A view/download document link was added, using which the user could view or download the generated PDF document.
- There was an option added in the user’s profile page in the admin dashboard using which the user could view or download the PDF document as well.
- A registered user had to have the option to revisit and edit form details from the webpage itself. For this, when a user visited the form, the form entries had to be prefilled (if the form had been filled before). The user could edit answers and generate the PDF again.