What the Project Involved?
Payment Gateway Integration
Event Espresso Setup
Event Espresso Customization
API Integration for SMS Service
What were the client’s requirements?
You Too Can Run is the first of its kind end-to-end web solution, that has been designed using WordPress, to manage and assist in the organization of a complete marathon race. The client wanted new functionalities added to his marathon website to easily manage the technicalities of a race event, which included paid registration of participants and management of the entire event.
How did we provide a solution?
We completely customized the Event Espresso plugin to handle all of the client’s requirements. The provided solution consisted of the following features:
- An option to register and maintain user profiles for participants
- Automatic generation of bib numbers for runners
- Ability to import and export records of runners
- Provision to invite and add attendees to an event. Option to invite previous attendees.
- An User Access Matrix to manage accessibility of a user (runners, race organizers).
- Integration of payment gateway to offer paid membership.
- A module was created for event organizers for race management
For YouTooCanRun, the solution was designed keeping in mind the various complexities associated with events of this magnitude.
The architecture was imposed such that various modules of the overall system worked as individual plugins working in synchronization, while maintaining load time efficiency.
The solution features two main modules, one for event organizers, while another independent module for user lifecycle management. The event organizer module managed the details of a race, such as timings, race records, etc. The user lifecycle module included functions for registration attendees and runners and payment acceptance.
A complex process was the Bib Number generation for race participants.The Bib numbers had to be divided into categories, based on the length of the race, the area from which the player hailed, and a unique identifier. Also optionally, vanity numbers had to be assigned based on a participant’s request.