What the Project Involved?
Event Espresso Customization
Payment Customization for Waitlist Events
Auto-Creation of Waitlist Event
Creation of Event Widgets
Front-end Event Manager Add-on Customization
Addition of User Roles
What were the Client’s Requirements?
The client needed their party management website to be customized. They were using the Event Espresso (specifically EE3) plugin and needed additional user roles, and widgets added. They also needed an option to post events from the front-end as well as view event attendee and staff manager details for events.
How did we Provide a Solution?
The client had an Event Espresso website, to offer party management services to interested customers. The version of Event Espresso plugin being used was EE3.
- To provide front-end creation and posting of events, we made use of the Front-end Event Manager Add-on. But we had to customize the plugin to add additional fields as per the client’s requirements.
- The client needed two additional roles to be added: An event host and co-host. For this we made use of the Staff Manager module to introduce these roles.
- To display event attendee details and host and co-host details, we added a functionality which fetched attendee information for each event and displayed it on the front-end. This functionality was added at a user level as well, to display events being attended and parties being hosted, by the user
- A major functionality added was automatic creation of a waitlist event, when a party event was created.
- All payment gateways were disabled for waitlist events.
- Along with this, changes provided were the creation and addition of WordPress widgets, for ‘Featured’ events and ‘Almost Sold-Out’ events