What the Project Involved?
What were the client’s requirements?
Australian Breathwork Association is a Social Group which helps individuals on various physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels through the breathwork process. The main intention during development was to create a membership website through which users can register to the association. The following are the various functionalities that the client required in the website.
- The client required us to develop a responsive membership website using which new users can register to the breathwork process using a registration form and get access to various membership levels of the website.
- The client also needed a functionality to be able to manage the membership website and view statistics related to all registered users.
- A functionality was required by the client using which registered users can create create and list events on the membership website.
- Additionally, the client also required a functionality using which registered users can communicate with each other and start discussion threads in a forum.
- Another functionality that the client required was to display a directory of registered practitioners and trainers
How did we provide a solution?
The complete solution was developed in conjunction with the client’s requirements which were analyzed in immense detail. The client was provided a solution in the following way.
- The first requirement that of creating a responsive website has been fulfilled using the Charitas theme. Gravity Forms plugin has been used to provide end users with a registration option to the breathwork association.
- The membership of the users has been handled using WPMU Membership plugin. This plugin has also been used to provide the admin with an option to view statistics related to the registered users in the admin dashboard. The Membership plugin also handles the requirement for assigning various access level to registered users based on the membership option they have selected.
- Using the Membership plugin the client can govern various membership aspects such as creating different subscription plans, changing access levels for registered users, renewing subscription plans, etc.
- The event management feature has been provided using the Events+ plugin as well as the Event Espresso plugin. The option for members to create events has been provided by the Events+ plugin. These type of events are members only events and can will be visible to logged in members only.
- The feature for admin to create the general events has been provided using the Events Espresso plugin. These events are available to all website visitors.
- The social networking option has been incorporated into the website using BuddyPress whereas the discussion feature forum has been provided using bbPress. The integration of these plugins into the website allows users to interact with each others and open discussion threads in the website forum.
- This various practitioners and trainers registered to the association have been listed using the Directory plugin.