Pathshala is a theme built specifically for WordPress LMS websites powered by LearnDash. Our web development experts have burnt the midnight oil to ensure Pathshala provides an engaging e-learning experience. And we’re certain you’ll fall in love with this theme! 🙂
- When you purchase the theme, you will receive an email with a link to download the zip file of the theme.
- Once you download the theme, you can install it by heading over to the ‘Appearance->Themes’ menu in your WordPress Admin panel.
- Click on the ‘Upload Theme’ button on this page.
- Now click on the ‘Upload Theme’ button and upload the ‘pathshala.zip’ file.
- Click on the ‘Install Now’ button once you have located and uploaded the theme file.
- On successful installation click the ‘Activate’ link to activate the theme.
- Alternatively, you can unzip and upload the Pathshala theme folder using an FTP client of your choice.
Upon successfully installing and activating the theme, you should be prompted to upload a few plugins. Out of the plugins listed, the Unyson plugin must be installed for the theme to function. This is because the theme has been built on the Unyson framework.
Now, once you activate Unyson, you will be prompted to install and activate Unyson extensions to unleash the awesome features provided by the theme and of course the framework.
The below extensions need to be installed for the theme:
Backup: Automatic Backup and Restore Functionality
This extension allows you to create a backup of your LMS website and restore it when needed. You can either backup the whole website which includes your WordPress files and the database files or just the database. You can even schedule a timely backup on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis.
You’ll need this extension, to install the Demo Content.
SEO: Search Engine Optimization Fields
The SEO extension adds meta fields, relevant to search engines. You can use these fields to help you rank better on search engines.
Sidebars: Support for Dynamic Sidebars
This extension adds a set of layouts with sidebars. Using this extension, you can set different sidebars for different pages.
Breadcrumbs: Added Navigation Option
The breadcrumbs extension makes navigation simpler by adding breadcrumbs on each page.
Page Builder: Custom Layout Builder
This extension allows you to create a custom layout for all your pages with a help of a ‘Visual Page Builder’. The page builder contains predefined structure, content and media elements which can be dragged and dropped to create interactive layouts or can be added as shortcodes.
Feedback: Course Review Fields
This extension replaces WordPress comments on courses with feedback fields with an option to add star rating.
Analytics: Google Analytics Tracking Fields
Using this extension you can add a Google Tracking code to analyse the traffic, page views and more.
Category for LearnDash: LearnDash Course Category Support
The Category for LearnDash extension adds support for Course Categories in LearnDash, allowing you to create course archive pages based on categories.
FAQ: Custom Post Type for FAQs
The FAQ extension creates a Custom Post Type exclusively for ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ on your LMS, making it easier for the viewers to understand the services that your website offers.
Installing Demo Content
To install the Demo Content, you’ll have to head over to Tools->Demo Content Install. You should see an option- ‘Create Demo Install’. Click on that button to install the Demo Content.
To customize the theme according to your preference, head over to Theme Settings in your admin panel.
Here, you can change:
- Your site’s logo and favicon
- The color scheme
- LearnDash Course Archive settings
- Contact Details
- Social Sharing Links…. and more.
Header Style: Pathshala provides 3 header styles: Dark, Light and Transparent. By default the header style is dark. You can set it as per your needs. The header style will be set across the website.
You can change the header style on a particular page using settings provided on each add/edit admin screen.
Site Logo (Dark Header): Using this option, you can upload your logo for a dark header (preferably a light logo image).
Site Logo (Light Header): Use this option to upload a logo for a light header (preferably a dark logo image).
Site Logo (Transparent Header): Using this option you can upload a logo image which has to be displayed when a transparent header is selected.
Favicon: Use this option to set a favicon for your LMS website.
Footer Text: This field displays text below the footer widgets area. You can enter HTML code in this field.
Color Scheme: You can choose from 4 color schemes- Blue, Orange, Red and Teal. This changes the primary color across your website.
Custom CSS: Pathshala provides a field to add your own custom CSS. Remember, any CSS you add here, will be loaded on every page of your website.
Creating Your Own Color Scheme
- To create your own color scheme, you need to head-over to themes -> pathshala -> styles
- Create a copy of ‘blue.css‘, and rename it to ‘your-color.css‘ (where your-color is the name of the scheme)
- In your-color.css replace #3686be and #4c97cc with the colors of your choice and save
Single Course Page Navigation: You can choose to display a course content navigation on a single course page for guest users.
Course Thumbnail Size:Set the course feature image size, which will be used on course archive as well as the single course page. The thumbnails have to be regenerated each time the dimensions are changed. You can use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugins for the same.
The contact settings update the Contact Template of the theme. To create a custom contact page, you would not need to set these fields, but if you are using the Contact Template provided by the theme, you would need to enter the needed values in this field.
Location: Add the address in this field to display the address marker on the Contact page map.
Social Links Settings
You can add links to your social profiles here. Based on the links added, the related icons will be displayed in the footer of your website.
Creating a FAQ Page
To create an FAQ or ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ page, you need to create a new page and add the [wdm_faq_display] shortcode as the page description.
Then any FAQ you add, will be automatically displayed on the page.
Remember: The FAQs will be displayed in descending order from the time of adding the question.
Creating a Contact Page
To create a Contact page, you need to add a new page and select the template as “Contact Template”
You will find this setting on the right hand side of the new page under “Page Attribute”.
- Improvement: LearnDash 2.5.x compatible
- Improvement: Compatible with LearnDash accordion on course single page for course content table
- Bug Fix: Fixed translation issues
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with color scheme selection for child theme
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where the currency symbol did not change the PayPal settings
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue with Incorrect Course status if user is logged in but doesn’t have access
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue with the responsive single course page for certificate button (mobile view)
- Improvement: Compatibility with WordPress 4.8.0
- Improvement: Compatibility with LearnDash 2.4.5
- Bug fix: Fixed LearnDash Custom Labels not rendering with Pathshala
- Bug fix: Fixed admin notices, not dismissible issue with the exception of required plugins
- Bug fix: Fixed Course pagination and category pagination issue
- Improvement: Added support for LearnDash 2.4+ and provided a seamless transition from LearnDash 2.3 to 2.4 and vice versa
- Improvement: Added support for WooCommerce 3.0+
- Improvement: Removed the wdm_course_category taxonomy added by the theme for LearnDash version 2.4+ and replaced it with ld_course_category
- Improvement: Changed the flow to show the Course Content, Course Overview and Review tabs for enrolled users as well as unenrolled users
- Improvement: Added demo content for LearnDash version 2.4+
- Improvement: Compatibility with PHP 7.x
- Improvement: Updated Licensing code
- Bug Fix: Fixed “Take this Course” button design issue where the button size changed for different Course types
- Bug Fix: Fixed the WooCommerce 3.0 CSS issue where WooCommerce Checkout Create User Account checkbox goes over the label
- Bug Fix: Fixed the FAQ page’s expanded/collapsed sign change issue when clicking on blank space
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where WordPress Categories meta box wasn’t visible for LearnDash version 2.4+
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where the tabs for ld_course_category and/or WordPress category were being hidden in the Course Admin page
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where the “Take this Course” button was visible when pre-requisites were set Or Course Access Points were set
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where Course Content is being shown even on setting “Hide Course Content” in the Course Edit page for LearnDash version 2.3.x & version 2.4.x
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where the certificate download link was not visible on Course Completion
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where the forced lesson timer and forced topic timer were not showing in Lesson single and Topic single pages respectively
- Bug Fix: Fixed the rating stars not rendering properly in course archive page issue for LearnDash 2.3.x
- Bug Fix: Fixed the Course Content meta box not showing quizzes and design issues in Course Edit Page
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue where the lesson availability date was not being shown in the course content table
- Bug Fix: Fixed the CSS/design issues of the LearnDash Profile page
- Bug Fix: Fixed the CSS issue where long month name displayed the date on the next line in the course content table
- Bug Fix: Fixed the CSS issue where the Quiz time wasn’t displaying properly in course content table
- Theme Released