The following steps will help you start and understand how to use this plugin effectively.
- Activate LearnDash – WizIQ Virtual Classroom Integration from Dashboard > Plugins
- Upon Activation, a menu item Virtual Classes will be added to the Admin Menu as shown. Clicking the View All Classes will display the following window:
- Virtual Classroom service requires WizIQ credentials to function. Without it, New Classes cannot be created and a message Forbidden: The request is refused by the API will be shown.
Generating WizIQ Credential
- Navigate to Virtual Classes > Settings.
- Fill the Registration form.
- Click Get The Credentials
The credentials will be sent to your email within 48 hours.
To activate account, click on API Credentials tab.
Input the credentials you received into the form displayed and click on save changes to activate your account.
If you already have WizIQ credentials and do not wish to generate a fresh set, skip the registration and directly put in your Access Key and Secret Key under API Credentials tab.
- Click on Add New Class under Virtual Classrooms menu item. It should open a form to add a new class.
Steps to create the new class
Select Course -> Choose an appropriate LearnDash Course from the drop down menu.
- Class Title -> Create a name for your Class.
- Select Start Date -> Select a date on which you want to start the class.
- Select Schedule Now if you want to start the class immediately. It will automatically fill the field with the current date and time.
- Select type of class -> Select Single Class option if you want to create a single class.
- Select Recurring Class option when you want to create a Class which repeats periodically.
Class schedule option will allow you to select different patterns of Recurrences:
- Daily / 6 Days / 5 Days pattern
Weekly patternlet’s you pick the days of the week when the class is supposed to be scheduled.
- Monthly pattern: This recurrence pattern allows to schedule classes on a specified day of every month.
- Class Duration -> Fill the field with the total duration of the class. It has to be within 30 to 300 minutes.
- Time Zone -> Select your timezone from the drop down menu.
- Attendee Limit -> Enter a maximum limit for the number of people allowed in the class (at least 2 required).
- Record this class -> Select this option if you want to record your class. A recording will be created which will also be downloadable.
- Language of instruction -> Select the language the class will be taught in.
View All Classes
- Click on View all Classes option under Virtual Classes.
- A table which contains all the classes scheduled will be displayed.
- When you want to see all the classes scheduled for a particular course, click on the select course field and you will see a drop down list containing all the available courses.
- Click on the icon to refresh the schedule table.
- The Edit link will open a form to update the class schedule.
- Click on the icon in the manage class column to update the class.
- Click on View in the Attendance Report column to see all the attendee details for that class.
- Click on View in the View Recording column to see the recording created during the class.
- Click on View in the Download Recording column to download the recording.
- Click on the page number you want to view.
Cancelling A Scheduled Class
- If you want to cancel a single class click on the Delete link for that class.
- Select the checkbox in the header row if you want to select all the classes in the current page.
- Click on the bulk action field and select the action to perform, ‘Cancel selected classes’ (to cancel multiple classes).
- After selecting a bulk action (like ‘Cancel selected classes’), click the Apply button.
Viewing Attendance Report
After clicking the view link in the Attendance Report column, the following table is displayed.
Displaying Class Schedule for Courses
- When you want to display the class schedule table on the front end for a particular course, use the [lmsvc_class_schedule] shortcode in the Course post.
Class schedule as displayed on front end:
- Bug Fix: Curl format is removed and added wp remote post to handle REST API Requests
- Bug Fix: Shortcode output will be displayed only on course page and not on course listing page
- Bug Fix: Removed the restriction on showing the output at the start of the course content, now it can shown, in between the content
- Plugin Released