At WisdmLabs, we are looking for fresh and experienced technology graduates (ideally, PHP Developers), passionate about web development using open source technologies. As a web developer, you will work on cutting edge software implementing custom CMS, eCommerce or CRM solutions along with niche and complex products on platforms such as WordPress, Magento, Laravel etc.
PHP Web Development (Software Engineer): Job Responsibilities
- Pure open source PHP development in WordPress, Magento, Drupal, SugarCRM and other leading open source platforms
- Develop complex plugins, extensions, applications and Workflows
- Develop websites, eCommerce stores, CRM systems and custom web solutions
- Integrate disparate systems using extensive API Programming
- Ensure on schedule, high quality programming deliverables
- Participate in the development (and possibly, architecture) of indigenous products/offerings
- Participate and contribute to community based open source projects
- Implement state-of-the-art software change management (SCM) processes involving popular Agile practices, versioning repositories, sophisticated issue tracking, code reviews, testing etc.
PHP Development: Benefits
- Firsthand exposure to the most popular open source CMS, eCommerce and CRM platforms
- An opportunity to explore the architecture and implementation of leading software applications/services which provide their own API stack
- Involvement in the entire product development/campaign life cycle, from idea to implementation
- Opportunity to perform multiple roles right from analysis to programming and testing. In fact, all those who show promise, will also be invited to participate in architecting products/campaigns
- Passion for programming
- Sound coding logic and analytical ability to design test scenarios and debug issues
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner, follow standards, processes & rules
- Keen interest in research about latest web technologies and advancements
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and incorporate them in the new offerings/solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technical abilities required
- Sound fundamental concepts of OOPS, data structures & networking
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Good database concepts and schema design skills
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu or any other distro)
- Sound understanding of the 3 tier web architecture
- Experience with XML technologies
- Familiarity with API based programming is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodology
- Familiarity with WordPress, Magento, SugarCRM will be appreciated
Round 1: Screening Test
The test will be mostly technical with multiple Choice questions on C, C++, Java, database, networking along with logical questions. If you have worked with PHP, there will be a 15 min. PHP test followed by the main test.
Round 2: Interview(Technical)
Once you clear the screening test, a technical interview will be held. This interview will be to evaluate your understanding of basic programming fundamentals along with database, data structures and networking concepts. Evaluation will be based on your level of expertise in atleast one programming language. During the course of the interview, your logical reasoning will also be tested.
Round 3: Interview(Technical and HR)
On clearing Round 2, you will be scheduled for Round 3 at the WisdmLabs office. This will be a Technical and HR round. In this round you will be further tested for your level of expertise in programming concepts. Your understanding of concepts and their application is very important and that is what we will be looking for here.
After completion of the third round, you will be notified about the result via a call or an email within 1-2 days.
Thane (Mumbai – Central Suburbs)/ Baner, Pune
How to apply
Send your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org