We are looking for a skilled programmer to create stable and functional code for e-commerce solutions on the Magento platform. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
As a Magento developer, you’ll work closely with the e-commerce team to build superior, innovative solutions and improve user experience. Your primary responsibilities will involve developing projects on Magento, writing custom extensions,identifying quality community extensions, and architecting new Magento projects.
- 2+ years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development
- Expert with Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
- Applicants will be expected to provide examples of work, if available, and may be asked to complete a coding challenge
Proven Skills & Technical Requirements
- Expert understanding of Magento’s code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Thorough experience in customizing Magento’s front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Thorough knowledge of vanilla Magento feature set and configuration
- Competent knowledge of e-commerce data organization and relationships
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Ingenuity to leverage all available tools at your disposal
- Comfortable working with Linux-based systems
- Magento Certification is a huge plus
- Good to have knowledge of PCI/PA-DSS compliance issues (not mandatory)
- Experience in ERP integrations with Magento is a huge plus
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
- Experience in multi-store, multi-lingual, or multi-currency e-commerce implementations
Round 1: Screening Test
The test will be mostly technical with multiple choice questions on Magento along with logical questions.
Round 2: Interview (Technical)
Once you clear the screening test, a technical interview will be held. This interview will evaluate your understanding of basic programming fundamentals along with Magento concepts.
Round 3: Interview (Technical and HR)
The final round of interview will be a Technical and HR round. In this round you will be further tested for your level of expertise in programming concepts. Your understanding of concepts and their application is very important and that is what we will be looking for here.
After completion of the third round, you will be notified about the result via a call or an email within 1-2 days.
Thane (Mumbai – Central Suburbs) and Pune
How to apply
Send your detailed CV to [email protected]