How do I install the plugin?
The Instructor role is an extension for LearnDash. Thus you will need to purchase and activate the LearnDash plugin to use the Instructor role plugin.
- Upon purchasing the Instructor Role extension, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Upload and activate the ‘instructor-role.zip’ plugin.
- An ‘Instructor Role Extension License’ sub-menu will be created under the ‘Plugins’ menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key (you should find the license key in your purchase email).
- Click on Activate License. If license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
Upon successfully installing and activating the Instructor Role extension, an ‘Instructor’ role will be created.
How do I Create an Instructor?
To create an instructor, create a new user and set the user’s role as ‘Instructor’ and save. To change an existing user’s role to an instructor, edit the user’s profile and change the user’s role to ‘Instructor’ and save the changes made.
How can an Instructor View Reports?
An instructor can view reports for courses created by going to LearnDash LMS -> Course Reports.
The report for a course is displayed using a pie chart, and details for each student enrolled for the course are displayed in a tabular format.
The course report can be downloaded as a CSV using the ‘Export Course Data’ button.
How can I set Commissions for Instructors?
You can set a commission percentage for each instructor. An instructor is awarded a commission each time a student purchases a course created by the instructor.
To set instructor commissions, head over to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor Commission -> Instructor.
There, you should be able to see a list of all the instructors on your LearnDash e-learning website. You can then set a commission percentage for each instructor and update the changes.
How can I disable Commissions for Instructors?
To disable instructor commissions option, head over to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor -> Settings.
There, you should be able to see a list of options, check the ‘Disable Instructor Commission Feature’ option.
How can I view Instructor Commission Reports?
Instructor commission reports provide you a summary of instructor commissions earned. To view these reports, go to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor Commission -> Commission Report.
Select an instructor and click ‘Submit’. You should be able to view a list of the commission amount earned by the instructor for each course sold.
The ‘Paid Earnings’ is the commission amount, you have paid an instructor. And the ‘Unpaid Earnings’ provides the pending amount which has to be paid. Once you’ve paid the instructor (through PayPal, or offline), you can update the ‘Paid Earnings’ by clicking on the ‘Pay’ button, and entering the paid amount.
(Note: The ‘Pay’ button does not ensure the payment is made. It is just a means to update the data once you have made the payment)
You can also export commission reports by heading to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor Commission -> Export.
How can Instructors Receive Email notifications for Quiz completions?
Instructors can now receive email notification for quizzes taken by students.
To activate this feature login as the admin, go to LMS -> Instructor -> Setting -> Check the “Enable email notification for Instructors on quiz completion.”
Instructors can create their own email template for the email notifications.
To create the email template, go to LMS -> Instructor -> Email
- Bug Fix: LearnDash compatibility for version lower than
- Bug Fix: Fatal error when LearnDash was deactivated
- Bug Fix: Instructors could access import/export tab and could edit/delete quizzes and questions of other instructors/users
- Improvement: Added a feature to enroll instructor automatically into their course
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug of “menu is not visible for instructor” for LearnDash LMS version >2.4.0
- Improvement: Compatible with LD v22.214.171.124
- New: Integrated with EDD
- Improvement: Instructor’s email ID will be used when an instructor is sending an email to a student
- Bug Fix: Admin not being able to access reports
- New: Feature to disable commissions
- New: Added Bio widget for administrator
- New: Added hooks for developers
- Improvement: Compatible with LD v126.96.36.199
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce v2.6.3
- Bug Fix: Issue for exporting data with Hebrew
- Bug Fix: Issue with lessons which were not accessible by the instructor
- Improvement: Licensing code updated
- Bug Fix: Instructor was able to see extra submenus
- New: Features added- To add quiz attempt notification to the instructor.
- Improvement: Plugin code is made PSR2 compatible
- New: Feature for admin approval for publishing courses/products created by instructors
- Bug Fix: General fixes
- New: Commission Feature implemented for Instructor Role
- Bug Fix: General fixes
- Bug Fix: Issue resolved for incorrect course reports for multilingual sites
- Improvement: Course reports tab available to the administrator
- Bug Fix: On some websites, Instructor was able to see content from other users. This issue if fixed now
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce (2.3.11) for instructors to create courses as WooCommerce products
- ug Fix: Issue resolved for the appearance tab (for some themes) displayed on the instructor dashboard
- Improvement: Filters to add additional post types access
- New: Made plugin compatible with Multisite network
- Bug Fix: Add media issue fixed
- Improvement: Pagination added for course data
- Improvement: Updated plugin licensing
- Plugin Released
- Beta Version Released