Version: 3.1.1 (Last updated 12th July 2019)
Easy Digital Downloads: 2.9.16
LearnDash WooCommerce Integration: 1.5.0
LearnDash EDD Integration: 1.1.1
How do I install the plugin?
The Instructor role is an extension for LearnDash. Thus you will need to purchase and activate the LearnDash plugin to use the Instructor role plugin.
- Upon purchasing the Instructor Role extension, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Upload and activate the ‘instructor-role.zip’ plugin.
- An ‘Instructor Role Extension License’ sub-menu will be created under the ‘Plugins’ menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key (you should find the license key in your purchase email).
- Click on Activate License. If license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
Upon successfully installing and activating the Instructor Role extension, an ‘Instructor’ role will be created.
How do I Create an Instructor?
To create an instructor, create a new user and set the user’s role as ‘Instructor’ and save. To change an existing user’s role to an instructor, edit the user’s profile and change the user’s role to ‘Instructor’ and save the changes made.
Give a clean and beautiful look to the instructor dashboard for your instructors.
- Browse the LearnDash -> Instructor Page
- Switch to the Settings Tab
- Check the Admin Customizer setting to enable admin customizer for the dashboard.
- Admin Customizer Menu
- Once the admin customizer setting has been enabled, you should see a new menu under Appearances.
- Currently, there are 4 different menus offered in the admin customizer menu
1. Template Management
- Select from 3 beautiful dashboard layouts or set it to the default template from the template selection dropdown.
- Select your desired template from the dropdown and save the settings by clicking on the Save Settings button.
- Set a logo image or text from the Admin menu header settings.
- Also set a favicon for your site from the Favicon settings
- Easily manage whether to enable the admin theme layouts for admin, instructor and/or all users.
4. Custom CSS
- Easily add your own custom CSS styling to the admin theme layouts from the Custom CSS section.
- Reset Settings
Reset to the default factory layout settings for the admin customizer by clicking on the Reset Settings button
Instructor Overview Page
Now an instructor can get all the basic information about his courses, students, earnings, course reports, etc in a glance from the instructor overview page.
How can an Instructor View Reports?
An instructor can view reports for courses created by going to LearnDash LMS -> Course Reports.
The report for a course is displayed using a pie chart, and details for each student enrolled for the course are displayed in a tabular format.
The course report can be downloaded as a CSV using the ‘Export Course Data’ button.
Approve Instructor Update Button
Once the Instructor creates/updates the course, the admin can see a button at the right side of the course edit page called as ‘Approve Instructor Update‘.
If the admin clicks on this button then the changes done by the Instructor in the course will be approved and published.
How can I set Commissions for Instructors?
You can set a commission percentage for each instructor. An instructor is awarded a commission each time a student purchases a course created by the instructor.
To set instructor commissions, head over to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor Commission -> Instructor.
There, you should be able to see a list of all the instructors on your LearnDash e-learning website. You can then set a commission percentage for each instructor and update the changes.
How can I disable Commissions for Instructors?
To disable instructor commissions option, head over to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor -> Settings.
There, you should be able to see a list of options, check the ‘Disable Instructor Commission Feature’ option.
How can I view Instructor Commission Reports?
Instructor commission reports provide you a summary of instructor commissions earned. To view these reports, go to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor Commission -> Commission Report.
Select an instructor and click ‘Submit’. You should be able to view a list of the commission amount earned by the instructor for each course sold.
The ‘Paid Earnings’ is the commission amount, you have paid an instructor. And the ‘Unpaid Earnings’ provides the pending amount which has to be paid. Once you’ve paid the instructor (through PayPal, or offline), you can update the ‘Paid Earnings’ by clicking on the ‘Pay’ button, and entering the paid amount.
(Note: The ‘Pay’ button does not ensure the payment is made. It is just a means to update the data once you have made the payment)
You can also export commission reports by heading to LearnDash LMS -> Instructor Commission -> Export.
How can Instructors Receive Email notifications for Quiz completions?
Instructors can now receive email notification for quizzes taken by students.
To activate this feature login as the admin, go to LMS -> Instructor -> Setting -> Check the “Enable email notification for Instructors on quiz completion.”
Instructors can create their own email template for the email notifications.
To create the email template, go to LMS -> Instructor -> Email
- Fix: Added fixes for displaying submissions respective to instructors.
- Improvement: Updated assignment and essay edit links.
- New: Added Admin Customizer and 3 new style templates.
- New: Added Instructor overview page.
- New: Added plugin activation feature showcase template.
- Compatibility with LearnDash v2.6.3
- Compatibility with Elementor
- Compatibility with Postman Plugin
- Improvement: Updated plugin license code
- Improvement: Updated plugin license code
- Improvement: Compatibility with LearnDash 2.5.5
- Improvement: BadgeOS support
- Bug Fix: Fixed issues with menu for multi-language sites
- Bug Fix: LearnDash compatibility for version lower than
- Bug Fix: Fatal error when LearnDash was deactivated
- Bug Fix: Instructors could access import/export tab and could edit/delete quizzes and questions of other instructors/users
- Improvement: Added a feature to enroll instructor automatically into their course
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug of “menu is not visible for instructor” for LearnDash LMS version >2.4.0
- Improvement: Compatible with LD v220.127.116.11
- New: Integrated with EDD
- Improvement: Instructor’s email ID will be used when an instructor is sending an email to a student
- Bug Fix: Admin not being able to access reports
- New: Feature to disable commissions
- New: Added Bio widget for administrator
- New: Added hooks for developers
- Improvement: Compatible with LD v18.104.22.168
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce v2.6.3
- Bug Fix: Issue for exporting data with Hebrew
- Bug Fix: Issue with lessons which were not accessible by the instructor
- Improvement: Licensing code updated
- Bug Fix: Instructor was able to see extra submenus
- New: Features added- To add quiz attempt notification to the instructor.
- Improvement: Plugin code is made PSR2 compatible
- New: Feature for admin approval for publishing courses/products created by instructors
- Bug Fix: General fixes
- New: Commission Feature implemented for Instructor Role
- Bug Fix: General fixes
- Bug Fix: Issue resolved for incorrect course reports for multilingual sites
- Improvement: Course reports tab available to the administrator
- Bug Fix: On some websites, Instructor was able to see content from other users. This issue if fixed now
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce (2.3.11) for instructors to create courses as WooCommerce products
- ug Fix: Issue resolved for the appearance tab (for some themes) displayed on the instructor dashboard
- Improvement: Filters to add additional post types access
- New: Made plugin compatible with Multisite network
- Bug Fix: Add media issue fixed
- Improvement: Pagination added for course data
- Improvement: Updated plugin licensing
- Plugin Released
- Beta Version Released