The Instagram WooCommerce Integration Plugin allows WordPress websites using WooCommerce plugin, to create a collage of Instagram Images as well as uploaded images.
- Upon purchasing the Instagram WooCommerce plugin, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- In your website dashboard go to Plugins -> Add New menu and click on the ‘Upload’ tab. Choose the ‘Insta-Woo.zip’ file to be uploaded and click on ‘Install Now’.
- After the plugin has been installed successfully, click on the Activate Plugin link or activate the Instagram WooCommerce plugin from your Plugins page.
- A WooCommerce Instagram Setting License sub-menu will be created under Plugins menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key. Click on Activate License. If the license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
- Upon entering a valid license key, and activating the license, Instagram settings will be added to each WooCommerce Product Add/Edit settings page. And an ‘Instagram Plugin Settings’ Tab will be created in the Settings Menu.
Configure the Settings
- Go to http://instagram.com/developer/register, and create an Instagram App. Kindly add the ‘redirect URL’, provided in the ‘Instagram Plugin Settings’ Tab in the Settings Menu on your WordPress site.
- In the Instagram App, copy the “Client ID” and the “Client Secret Key” to the ‘Instagram Plugin Settings’ Tab.
Once you purchase and install the Instagram WooCommerce solution, ‘Instagram Settings’ and ‘Instagram Instructions’, will be added to every WooCommerce Product, and an ‘Instagram Plugin Settings’ Tab will be created in the Settings Menu (which should be configured as stated in the Installation Guide).
How to Set up a Product using Instagram Image Settings:
To allow users to create a collage, you need to enter values in the Instagram Image Settings on the product page and ‘Publish/Update’ a product.
- In the ‘Maximum Uploadable Images for the Product’ enter the number of images that can be added to the collage.
- In the ‘Number of Columns in the Grid’ enter the number of columns, the collage will contain.
- The default value for the ‘Size of Images in Grid’ is 200px. You can change this value by entering a number between 200 and 640. This will determine the quality of the final image. This value will be used to set the height and width of each image in the collage, i.e. if you enter 288 in the field, each image will be scaled to 288 pixels by 288 pixels in the final image.
- The default ‘Space between Images’ is 0px. You can change this by entering a different value.
- The default ‘Color of Image Spaces’ is ‘White’. You have an option to change it to ‘Black’.
You can provide the users with instructions on using the plugin on the product page using ‘Instructions Heading’ and ‘Instructions’ fields provided on the product page in your dashboard.
How a Customer will Create a Collage on the Product Page
1. Once a user lands on a product page for which the Instagram Image Settings have been done he will be ale to upload images from the device in use or import images from Instagram.
2. If user chooses to fetch images from Instagram he will be prompted to log in to and Instagram account. Once the user has logged in he can choose select images from his Instagram account.
3. Users can search for images in Instagram based on user name or tag name.
4. When the user is finished selecting images, the selected images are added to a grid on the product page. User can rearrange images in grid using drag and drop option. Additionally, user can duplicate and delete images in grid too.
5. Once the user has completed creating the image, he can add the product to the cart. On the cart page a preview of the collage is available to the user.