Kindly note: The Group Registration plugin is an extension to LearnDash and WooCommerce. You will need to install and activate both these plugins along with the LD-WooCommerce Integration plugin.
- Upon purchasing the Group Registration plugin, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Go to Plugin-> Add New menu in your dashboard and click on the ‘Upload’ tab. Choose the downloaded plugin file to be uploaded and click on ‘Install Now’.
- After the plugin has installed successfully, click on the Activate Plugin link or activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
- An Group Registration for LearnDash License sub-menu will be created under Plugins menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key. Click on Activate License. If license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
Setting up a Product on the Backend – WooCommerce
- By default, the course product type’s quantity cannot be increased. So, to allow users to purchase multiple copies of a single course, create a ‘Simple Product’ and check the ‘Enable Group Registration’ option
- Then, select the ‘Related Courses’ for the product, and publish the product.
Setting up a Product on the Backend – EDD
- To allow users to purchase multiple copies of a single course, create a Download and check the ‘Is this a LearnDash Course’ option
- Then, select the course and check the ‘Enable Group Registration’ for the product, and publish the Download.
Making a Bulk Purchase
Upon activating the Group Registration plugin, a user has the option to purchase multiple courses during a single checkout.
To make a purchase on behalf of a group, the user needs to check the ‘Enable Group Registration‘ option. Once the user checks this option and makes a bulk purchase, a group is automatically created, and the user is set as the Group Leader.
If the user does not check the ‘Enable Group Registration’ option, then a group is not created, and the user is enrolled for the course purchased.
With Easy Digital Downloads
Adding & Managing Students
Students can be registered for the purchased course using the ‘Group Registration’ page. The plugin automatically creates a ‘Group Registration’ page, using which Group Leaders can add and manage students.
Please note: If this page is not created, you can create a new page and the shortcode [wdm_group_users] to create the Group Registration page.
A Group Leader has to enter the student’s name and email id to enroll a student for a course. If a WordPress user does not exist for the student, a new user in created and the student is registered for the course. If the user exists, he/she is automatically enrolled for the course.
Bulk Enroll Option
Group Leaders can upload a CSV file to enroll members to the group. The format for the CSV file needs to be: First Name, Last Name, Email id.
A sample CSV file can be downloaded from the group registration page.
The Group Leader also has the option to view and manage students added to a group for a particular course. Upon selecting the course from the ‘Select Product’ option, the list of enrolled students is displayed.
A ‘Remove’ action is available in case the Group Leader wants to unregister a student. However, clicking on the ‘Remove’ action only sends a remove request to the Admin, and does not remove the student directly.
Once the Admin approves the ‘Remove’ request, the student is removed from the group and unenrolled from the course. The user however is not deleted from your WordPress website.
Course Progress Reports
Group Leaders can view course progress reports of group members using the LearnDash Pro Panel add-on.
Under every group LearnDash -> Groups -> <Group Name>, the Admin has the option to add and remove students or Group Leaders to the Group, and accept/reject ‘Remove’ requests sent by the Group Leader.
User Removal Request
The Admin can Accept or Reject a request sent by the Group Leaders to remove a user from the group.
Add/Remove Group Leader
Admin has the privilege to add a new Group Leader to an existing group or to remove a Group Leader from a Group.
Add/Remove User from a Group
Admin can also, remove or add users from/to a Group.
User & User Progress Details
The Admin has additional options to view user details under LearnDash -> Group Administration
The below options are available for every Group:
- Export Progress: This option can be used to download a CSV file for the course progress of group members.
- Export Results: Clicking this option downloads a CSV file containing the quiz results of group members.
- List Users: This option displays a list of all the group members. Individual course reports for a user can be downloaded using this option. An option to mail all group members is also available using this option.
- New: Plugin made compatible with Easy Digital Downloads
- New: Feature to enable/disable ‘Enable Group Registration’ option on the Front End
- Improvement: Compatible with LearnDash 184.108.40.206
- New: Feature to upload CSV file for adding users
- Improvement: Compatibility with WordPress 4.5 and LearnDash 2.2
- Improvement: Plugin licensing updated
- Improvement: Changed the appearance of the group member list
- Bug Fix: Minor bug fixes related to recently added member not shown in the list
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue regarding the adding Group Leader into the Group
- Improvement: Plugin code made PSR2 compatible
- Plugin Released