Version: 4.0(Last Updated: 22nd October 2019)
*LD – WooCommerce: 1.6.0
*Easy Digital Downloads: 2.9.17
*LD – Easy Digital Downloads: 1.1.1
PHP: 7.1 or higher
On the front end, the user can directly make a purchase by selecting the quantity for the group and the process remains the same.
Kindly note: The Group Registration plugin is an extension to LearnDash and WooCommerce. You will need to install and activate both these plugins along with the LD-WooCommerce Integration plugin.
- Upon purchasing the Group Registration plugin, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Go to Plugin-> Add New menu in your dashboard and click on the ‘Upload’ tab. Choose the downloaded plugin file to be uploaded and click on ‘Install Now’.
- After the plugin has installed successfully, click on the Activate Plugin link or activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
- A ‘WisdmLabs License Options’ sub-menu will be created on the dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key. Click on Activate License. If the license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
Setting up a Product on the Backend – WooCommerce
- By default, the course product type’s quantity cannot be increased. So, to allow users to purchase multiple copies of a single course, create a ‘Simple Product’ and check the ‘Enable Group Registration’ option
- If you select the ‘Allow users to check “Enable Group Registration” on the Front End’, then the user will have to check this option before making a purchase. If this is not checked, all purchases will be group purchases
- Then, select the ‘Related Courses’ for the product, and publish the product.
Setting up a Product on the Backend – EDD
- To allow users to purchase multiple copies of a single course, create a Download and check the ‘Is this a LearnDash Course’ option
- Then, select the course and check the ‘Enable Group Registration’ for the product, and publish the Download.
- Disable the Guest Checkout. Go to the Dashboard -> Downloads -> Settings -> Misc -> Checkout Settings and check the Require Login checkbox.
- Go to the Dashboard -> Downloads -> Settings -> Misc -> Misc Settings and check the Item Quantities checkbox. This will allows users to increase the quantity of the product for a group purchase.
Making a Bulk Purchase
Upon activating the Group Registration plugin, a user has the option to purchase multiple courses during a single checkout.
When the ‘Individual’ purchase option is selected, the user is not given an option to change quantities of the product and this purchase will be made for a single user.
When the user selects ‘Group’ purchase option, they are able to increase the quantity which is the total number of members that can be added to a group. With this option a group will be created for ‘1’ as the quantity.
With Easy Digital Downloads
Adding & Managing Students
Students can be registered for the purchased course using the ‘Group Registration’ page. The plugin automatically creates a ‘Group Registration’ page, using which Group Leaders can add and manage students.
Please note: If this page is not created, you can create a new page and add the shortcode [wdm_group_users] to create the Group Registration page.
A Group Leader has to enter the student’s name and email id to enroll a student for a course. If a WordPress user does not exist for the student, a new user in created and the student is registered for the course. If the user exists, he/she is automatically enrolled for the course.
The Group Leader can access reports for a course that the Group Leader has purchased. From the dropdown, the Group Leader can select a course and the reports for the users who have attempted the course will be displayed.
The Group Leader can see the Course progress, Quiz Statistics and Certificates.
Bulk Enroll Option
Group Leaders can upload a CSV file to enroll members to the group. The format for the CSV file needs to be: First Name, Last Name, Email id.
A sample CSV file can be downloaded from the group registration page.
Bulk Remove Option
The Group Leader can also bulk remove all the users from the particular group by clicking ‘Bulk Remove‘ Button.
Custom Group Name Settings
The Group Leader can change the group name by clicking on the setting icon. The group leader can then see the tab to change the group name from default.
Group Registration Settings
This option is available under Group Registration Settings. Here, the admin has 2 settings available.
- Allow Group Leader to ReInvite Group Users : This option will send an email to students to reset their password
- Display the Courses associated with Group: This option will display the courses associated in a group in the Group Registration page.
- Redirect users after successful login: This option will redirect users and group leader to the pages thatadmin selects from the dropdown
Group Registration Email Templates
This option is available under LearnDash LMS -> Group Registration Email Templates. Here, the admin has settings available to customize the emails that are sent to admin, group leaders, & students.
The Group Leader also has the option to view and manage students added to a group for a particular course. Upon selecting the course from the ‘Select Product’ option, the list of enrolled students is displayed. A ‘Remove’ action is available in case the Group Leader wants to unregister a student. However, clicking on the ‘Remove’ action only sends a remove request to the Admin, and does not remove the student directly.
Once the Admin approves the ‘Remove’ request, the student is removed from the group and unenrolled from the course. The user, however, is not deleted from your WordPress website.
Course Progress Reports
Group Leaders can view course progress reports of group members using the LearnDash Pro Panel add-on.
Optional Enrolment of Group Leader
The Admin is now able to decide whether or not the Group Leader will be enrolled by default into the course, irrespective of the licenses purchased. If this option is checked, the Group Leader can choose to pay for his/her course or buy bulk licenses without enrolling himself/herself in the course.
Setting the default License Purchase Type:
The Admin has the option to set the default License Purchase Type as ‘Individual’ or ‘Group’. Users can change it at the front end if required, but the default setting will be usually displayed at the front-end.
Create Bulk Packages for Multiple Purchases
Post-integration with the WooCommerce plugin, each course and course variation can be sold as an independent entity. The Administrator has the option to set a fixed quantity for the number of course licenses that can be purchased.
To do so, the following procedure is to be followed.
- On the ‘Edit Product’ page, set up the main course, along with its variations.
- Set up the ‘Size’ attribute and add the relevant values corresponding to the number of packages in the bundle
- Now, in the Variations tab, choose the course variation which you want to sell as a bundle. Check the ‘Available as a Package’ box.
User Removal Request
Under every group LearnDash -> Groups -> , the Admin has the option to add and remove students or Group Leaders to the Group and accept/reject ‘Remove’ requests sent by the Group Leader.
The Admin can Accept or Reject a request sent by the Group Leaders to remove a user from the group.
Add/Remove Group Leader
Admin has the privilege to add a new Group Leader to an existing group or to remove a Group Leader from a Group.
Add/Remove User from a Group
Admin can also, remove or add users from/to a Group.
User & User Progress Details
The Admin has additional options to view user details under LearnDash -> Group Administration
The below options are available for every Group:
- Export Progress: This option can be used to download a CSV file for the course progress of group members.
- Export Results: Clicking this option downloads a CSV file containing the quiz results of group members.
- List Users: This option displays a list of all the group members. Individual course reports for a user can be downloaded using this option. An option to mail all group members is also available using this option.
Reinvite Group Users
In LearnDash->Group Registrations Settings->General Settings on enabling the option ‘Allow Group Leaders to Reinvite Group Users‘ then group leader can reinvite group user. After invitation is sent user will receive the email containing group details, username and password reset link. The admin can customize the invitation email template.
Course List on Group Registration page
In LearnDash->Group Registrations Settings->General Settings on enabling the option ‘Display the Courses associated with the Group‘ will display the Courses associated with Group on group registration page after selecting particular group.
Setting up WooCommerce Subscription on the backend
The Admin has an option to create products that are of the subscription type.
Simple Subscription settings
For setting up a ‘Simple Subscription’, follow the same process as for a ‘Simple Product’ and set the subscription period. Make sure the ‘Enable Group Registration’ option is checked. Once the settings are done, the product can be purchased for a group just like a simple product purchase is made for group registration.
Do note, once the subscription period is over and if the subscription is not renewed, the groups will be moved to ‘Draft’ and will remain as drafts, until renewed.
On the front end, the user can directly make a purchase by selecting the quantity for the group and the process remains the same.
ver 4.0.0(22nd October 2019)
- Improvement: Updated the entire plugin structure and also updated coding standards to WordPress.
- Improvement: Optimized the bulk user upload process on group registration page.
ver 3.8.3 (10th September 2019)
- Feature: Added functionality for bulk user removal request accept and remove for admin
ver 3.8.2 (4th September 2019)
- Feature: Custom group name feature.
- Feature: Ajax based bulk student removal
- Update: Updated ‘wdm_modify_total_number_of_registrations’ hook for additional parameters for order ID.
- Update: Updated ‘wdm_change_group_quantity’ hook for additional parameters for order item details.
- Fixes: Added fixes for the hidden group name and description field on group edit page on the admin end.
- Fixes: Code optimization for checking empty course lists fetches.
ver 3.8.1 (9th May 2019)
- Feature: The uploading of users via .csv file on Enroll New User Tab on Group Registration page is based on Ajax.
- Feature: The group leader can see the detailed course progress of the student on the Report Tab of the Group Registration page.
- Feature: The administrator can set on which page group leader/group user should be redirected after login from “Redirect users after successful login” setting present under General Setting in Group Registration Settings.
- Fix: The text ‘Select product’ present on group registration page is changed to ‘Group’.
- Fix: Removed uppercase transform for header tags
- Feature: Display course wise report of group users on Group Registration Page
- Improvement: Added support for resubscribing when a group leader cancels and resubscribes.
- Update: New Layout with responsiveness
- Fixes: MAC users not able to work with CSV enrollment in the group fixed
- Update: Security Update for CSV enrollment
- Bug Fix: Related Course selection gets removed on Product save
- Update: Add a filter to display the Remove button to Group Leader for user
- Bug Fix: Enroll user into the course(s) for a variable product for individual purchase
- New: Allow Group Leader to reinvite Group Users
- New: Display Courses associated with Group on Group Registration Page
- Improvement: Compatible with LearnDash WooCommerce Integration version 1.5.0
- GDPR License Update
- Bug Fix: Plugin version number updated
- New: Option to make enrolment fees mandatory for Group Leader while purchasing bulk licenses
- New: Admin can set default License Purchase Type as ‘Individual’ or ‘Group’
- New: Admin can package courses as bundles and set a fixed quantity for purchase
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce Variable Product type
- Improvement: Updated .pot file
- Improvement: Group Registration page made responsive
- Improvement: Added all Group Registration setting on one page
- Improvement: Changed the sequence of parameters for the ‘wdm_group_registration_label_below_product_name’ filter
- Improvement: Added missing strings for translation in ‘/languages’ folder
- Improvement: Updated licensing code
- New: Feature to modify email templates from the learndash admin menu
- New: Option to purchase for an individual or group on the single product page
- New: Allow group leaders to remove users without admin approval
- New: Restrict group leader from adding new users to the group when existing users are removed
- Bug Fix: Resolved the issue with multiple subscriptions
- Improvement: Admin can add multiple group leaders and these group leaders will be able to access the group registration page.
- Bug Fix
- Bug Fix: Resolved issue with function check for subscriptions function
- New: Plugin made compatible with LearnDash Zapier Integration
- Bug Fix: Resolved issue with subscription renewals
- New: Plugin made compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Improvement: WordPress 4.8 compatible
- Improvement: Compatible with LearnDash 2.4.2
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce 3.0.0
- Improvement: Updated License Integration
- Bug Fix: Resolved plugin dependency issue
- Improvement: Compatible with LearnDash 220.127.116.11
- New: Plugin made compatible with Easy Digital Downloads
- New: Feature to enable/disable ‘Enable Group Registration’ option on the Front End
- Improvement: Compatible with LearnDash 18.104.22.168
- New: Feature to upload CSV file for adding users
- Improvement: Compatibility with WordPress 4.5 and LearnDash 2.2
- Improvement: Plugin licensing updated
- Improvement: Changed the appearance of the group member list
- Bug Fix: Minor bug fixes related to recently added member not shown in the list
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue regarding the adding Group Leader into the Group
- Improvement: Plugin code made PSR2 compatible
- Plugin Released