Kindly note: The Front-end Course Creation plugin is an extension to LearnDash and BuddyPress. You will need to install and activate both these plugins to use FCC.
- Upon purchasing the Front-end Course Creation plugin, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Go to Plugin-> Add New menu in your dashboard and click on the ‘Upload’ tab. Choose the ‘frontend-course-creation.zip’ file to be uploaded and click on ‘Install Now’.
- After the plugin has installed successfully, click on the Activate Plugin link or activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
- An Frontend Course Creation License sub-menu will be created under Plugins menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key. Click on Activate License. If license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
- Upon entering a valid license key, and activating the license, you will find a ‘Course Author’ user role created, and ‘Course Creation Settings’ menu added to LearnDash settings.
Upon installing and activating the Front-end Course Creation plugin for LearnDash, a ‘Course Author’ role is added, and course content creation pages are auto-generated.
Creating a Course Author
To create a Course Author, add a new user by heading over to Users->Add New, and set the user role as ‘Course Author’.
Tip: You can also assign existing course content to Course Authors, by setting the ‘Author’ of the Course/Lesson/Topic/Quiz to a Course Author
Course Creation Settings
Under LearnDash->Settings, you should notice a ‘Course Creation Setting’ tab added. Under this tab, you have the option to auto-publish course content added by ‘Course Authors’, or save the content as drafts.
Remember to click ‘Save Settings’ once any changes have been made.
Display Course Creation Options
The FCC plugin automatically creates and adds course content creation pages:
- Course Content Creation Pages: Allows a ‘Course Author’ to create Courses, Lessons, Topics, Quizzes and Add Quiz Questions.
- Create Course
- Create Lesson
- Create Topic
- Create Quiz
- Create Question
- Course Management Pages: These pages allow Course Authors to view the course, lessons, topics, quizzes and questions they have created and make any changes using the ‘Edit’ option.
- Course List
- Lesson List
- Topic List
- Quiz List
- Question List
Link these pages from your website’s menu to allow Course Authors to create and manage course content from the front-end
Front-end Settings in BuddyPress
The plugin provides a quick link option ‘Listing’ right from the Course Author’s BuddyPress profile page to allow course content to be created and managed.
Awarding Course Author Commissions
- Under your LearnDash LMS you should notice a ‘Course Author Commission‘ menu. Under this menu, you should find the settings to award Course Authors a percentage commission.
- Under the ‘Commission Report’ tab, you can view the commissions earned by a Course Author.
- You can export the commission report for all Course Authors or individual authors, using the ‘Export’ tab.
- Bug Fix: Fixed warning appearing for non-logged in users
- Bug Fix: Fixed the fatal error on quiz creation page
- Bug Fix: Licence code updated to avoid conflicts with namespaces
- New: Added ‘Essay’ question type depending upon new LD version
- New:Added new fields according to Learndash Version (Award Points for Assignments, Number of points for assignments, ‘Display answers randomly’ in Quiz creation, ‘Correct and incorrect mark’ in quiz creation)
- New: Restricted Course author to access backend if only ‘Course Author’ role is associated with the user
- Improvement: Added filter to redirect to the link in case ‘Course Author’ is trying to access backend
- Improvement: Description field for course, lesson, and topic has been made optional
- Improvement: License code updated
- Bug Fix: Fatal error while saving featured Image for Course, Lesson, Topic solved
- Bug Fix: Made Buddypress menu visible to course author
- Bug Fix: Issue in Featured Image for Course, Lesson, Topic solved
- Bug Fix: Question points being set as 1 each time
- Bug Fix: Display of save button on ‘Sort’ question type
- Bug Fix: Solved all the translation ready issues
- Bug Fix: Quiz pre-requisite was not being set has been fixed
- Bug Fix: Associated lesson in quiz add/edit page was not being loaded has been solved
- Improvement: License code updated
- Bug Fix: Issue with Quizzes not submitting fixed
- New: Video can be added at the front-end
- New: Made translation Ready
- Bug Fix: No permissions error message removed
- Bug Fix: Edit option at the bottom on the front-end removed
- New: Preview feature added
- Bug Fix: Course count bug fixed
- Bug Fix: Course not created in the front-end bug fixed
- New: Updated with Commissions Feature for Course Author
- Plugin Released