The Empty Cart Timer for WooCommerce plugin allows shop owners to delete items from a customer’s cart after a predefined amount of time. It lets customers block products for some time after which it is deleted from the WooCommerce cart.
Empty Cart Timer for WooCommerce: Installation Guide
Important: This plugin is a premium extension for the WooCommerce plugin. You must have the WooCommerce plugin already installed.
- Upon purchasing the Empty Cart Timer for WooCommerce plugin, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the Empty Cart Timer plugin using the download link.
- Go to Plugin-> Add New menu in your dashboard and click on the ‘Upload‘ tab. Choose the ‘empty-cart-timer.zip‘ file to be uploaded and click on ‘Install Now‘.
- After the plugin has been installed successfully, click on the ‘Activate Plugin’ link or activate the Empty Cart Timer for WooCommerce plugin from the Plugins page.
- An ‘Empty Cart Timer License‘ sub-menu will be created under Plugins menu in your dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key. Click on ‘Activate License‘. If the license key is valid, an ‘Active‘ status message will be displayed, else ‘Not Active‘ will be displayed.
- Upon entering a valid license key and activating the license, ‘Timer Options‘ will be created in the ‘General Settings‘ tab of the WooCommerce Settings page.
Empty Cart Timer for WooCommerce: User Guide
- Once you have successfully installed and activated the plugin the following settings will available in the ‘General‘ tab on the WooCommerce settings page.
- Here the user can set the time after which a product added to a cart should be deleted from the cart. This time has to be set against the ‘Cart Expiry Time‘ field.
- The ‘Product Expiry Notification‘ field should be used to set the time after which the customer will get a notification for a particular product expiration on the WooCommerce website.
- Every time a product is added to the cart, the stock for that product is reduced and if that product is deleted from the cart the stock is increased. It is important, therefore, to refresh the stock data at regular intervals for the customer to get updated data. Updated data can be viewed by setting time against the ‘Stock Refresh Time‘ field.
- The ‘Email Notification‘ field can be used to set the time after which an email can be sent to a logged in user notifying them about a product that is about to expire in the cart.
- Tick the ‘Reset Hold Status‘ checkbox if you want to reset the products that are on hold due to being added to the cart by customers.
- Once all values have been set the settings can be saved using the ‘Save Changes‘ button.
- When a customer adds a product to the cart the timer goes off for that product and a clickable Countdown element is displayed on every page. The countdown element is movable and can be dragged anywhere on the page.
- On clicking the element, the product that has just been added to the cart is displayed along with its countdown timer.
- The stock for that product is reduced and the updated stock is displayed to all users.
- If another product is added to the cart a separate timer is set off for that product.
- When a product is nearing the expiration time the countdown timer starts blinking until it reaches zero after which it is removed from the cart.
- Simultaneously the stock is increased and the updated stock is displayed to displayed on the product page to all customers on that page.
This pattern is followed for all products in the WooCommerce shop. Also, as per the time set in the ‘Email Notification Time‘ field in the settings section, a predefined email is sent to logged in users notifying them about the product in the cart that is about to expire.