Analyzing your site’s traffic, provides insight into visitor trends, such as popular pages or categories on your website. This understanding can help you recognize and focus on what visitors are looking for. You can use this information to improve visitor experience and eventually improve sales. There are several plugins available to monitor traffic statistics to your WordPress site, but The WP SlimStat plugin is our pick of the lot. It gives you quantitative analysis of traffic sources in your dashboard and is easy to use.
Overview of WP SlimStat Plugin
The WP SlimStat plugin gives you information about the number of pages visited on your site, the unique number of visitors, top traffic source, top pages, etc. You can also analyse information in detail, like find out the region from where you get the most visitors, or find the content which is liked the most. This can help you build a target audience and develop selling strategies for the same.
Some features of WP SlimStat
- You can get real time analysis of data: The plugin gives you a view of visitors currently online and recent visitors. You can also get additional details of every visitor like their IP, their geographic location, the browser they use, the operating system, etc.
- It uses accurate positioning to find visitor locations: The plugin also provides a World Map to help you visually identify which geographical region constitutes the most traffic.
- You can filter out bots from visitors list: This is an important feature of the plugin, it separates out bots which have visited, from human visitors.
- It has support for several languages
- Helps you identify bounce pages and top landing pages: The top landing pages identifies which topic draws the most visitors. The bounce pages, helps identify the exit pages. There are also lists for keywords searched, top outbound links and top downloads. All this information is vital in developing a digital marketing strategy.
The WP SlimStat plugin has been rated by many in their top plugins or must-have plugins list. It’s a really good plugin, simple to interact with, and gives all information right in your dashboard. We would recommend it to someone, who is looking for an alternative to Google Analytics. You would although, want to take a look at the plugin requirements before installing WP SlimStat. Let us know your views in the comment section below.