There was a time when WordPress was just a blogging system. Today it has become the most popular and most preferred CMS around the globe. It certainly has come a long way. The internationalization of the WordPress versions has made it possible to build any type of website with it. And creating is a directory WordPress website is no exception.
WordPress offers plenty of advanced directory plugins that can be installed and configured to convert your existing WordPress website into a directory site without having to write a single line of code or making huge changes in the WordPress core.
Thus, in today’s post, we are going to share best directory plugins to let you create and maintain a directory website successfully.
#1 Business Directory Plugin
Business Directory is one of the most popular free WordPress directory plugins that lets you seamlessly build a business directory. It actually comes in two different version i.e. free and premium version. While the free version has many useful features, the premium version offers an array of advanced features and add-ons. With 20,000+ active installs, the plugin provides everything you may need to set up your own business directory.
Additional features of Business Directory Plugin
- Offers free listings in your business directory and allows you to accept listing payments
- Supports PayFast Gateway and Stripe for accepting payments.
- Is 100% fully responsive
- Provide complete support for recurring payments.
- Comes with inbuilt CSV import and export.
- Supports reCAPTCHA.
#2 GeoDirectory Plugin
GeoDirectory, as the name suggests, is a located based WordPress business directory plugin developed and maintained by GeoTheme. In fact, the GDF theme framework is developed particularly for the plugin to help users who are looking for the most suitable theme for using the GeoDirectory plugin. However, the plugin also works virtually with any WordPress theme available out there.
Additional features of GeoDirectory Plugin
- Is 100% fully responsive.
- Equipped with a Google Analytics widget.
- Integrated with an inbuilt review system.
- Is fully compatible with WordPress Multisite.
- Offers more than 12 widget areas and 15+ widgets
- Lets you export, import and re-import data via CSV files.
- Has a user-friendly front end interface for submitting entries
#3 Simple Directory Plugin
Simple Directory is yet another free WordPress directory plugin that enables you to build a personal or business directory within minutes. The plugin is packed with two different templates for archive listing and single listing page. If you are familiar with the working of WordPress theme templates, you would find it difficult to customize and configure this plugin. It also recommends installing Category Image plugin and Piklist plugin for better performance.
Additional features of Simple Directory Plugin
- Displays a complete listing version including Name, Address, Contact info, etc.
- Offers a variety of Custom Templates.
- Lets you display the listing in a mentioned category.
#4 Web 2.0 Directory
Web 2.0 Directory is a fully responsive, feature packed and high-quality WordPress directory plugin that lets you create a variety type of directory websites including wedding sites, real estate portal, pets, vehicles dealers site, boats, bikes and cars site, classified ad listing website and more. The plugin is built on Twitter Bootstrap which makes it completely compatible with the devices and screen sizes.
Additional features of Web 2.0 Directory
- Has featured and sticky listings options
- Integrated with a Frontend dashboard for regular users
- Also, comes with an invoices management
- Lets you restrict ads by listings levels
- Integrated with order directory listings and Google Maps
- Comes with inbuilt CSV import
Directory is a premium WordPress directory plugin developed and maintained by WPMU, a well-recognized website in the theme and plugin industry. The plugin allows you to create both front and back end business directories such as yelp, yellow pages and more. It also supports rating and review to display the popularity of any listings on your website.
Additional features of Directory
- Comes equipped with customizable Directory theme
- Is WordPress Multisite ready
- Allows you to seamlessly accept payments for listings
- Offers custom tags and categories
- Packed with a variety of shortcodes
- Has Listing rating system and user reviews
- Lets you create custom user permissions
#6. Connections Business DirectoryIn the simplest words, “Connections Business Directory” is one of the best directory plugin WordPress user could ever have. It is very simple in design and many advanced functions make it the most loving directory plugin. It consists of a vast array of unique features and flexibility which motivates the users to stick with this awesome WordPress plugin.With this plugin, you can easily make an address book, maintain staff details and run a business directory. It is highly configurable in order to provide you maximum features that suit your business needs. Let’s have a look at the features of this incredibly handy WordPress plugin.
- The admin dashboard lets you have a glance on the particular day’s anniversary or birthdays of the members in your directory.
- It caters various entry types from which you can use the entry types such as individual, organizational and family. For Connections, Family entry type is unique.
- It also caters repeatable fields for phone numbers, emails, Social media, and dates.
- The directories are highly scalable and easy to manage with hundreds of thousands of entries.
- It is extensible and very developer friendly.
- A very robust and strong front end submission.
- It is very easy to search and filter the listings.
- Highly compatible with all the gallery plugins.
- Works incredibly well with all the SEO plugins.
- Also, caters you a shortcode builder.
Jason is an expert WordPress developer having years of experience in working with various web development technologies. Currently, he is working for WordSuccor Ltd. providing WordPress plugin development service to global clients. He is always trying to share his intangible knowledge with others on the web.