The last few years have seen a steep rise in the use of online coupons. To accommodate this expanding market, dedicated coupons sites were developed. These sites function as systems which have coupons of all brands consolidated under one roof.
While these coupon websites are an excellent idea from a customers point of view the one thing the system screams for is the resources to gather all this coupon data. Also, after you have gathered all this data there would be a need to publish all this data on your website in order to be able to provide it to the client. This is where WisdmLabs comes in! You’re wondering how? Well we will provide you with a system which will not only assist you in compiling all this data but also automate for you the process of publishing this data on your coupon website.
How will a Coupon Importer Work?
In this entire system there is an entity called as coupon aggregator. This entity will have a database of all coupons. So basically the coupon aggregator is the guy who has all the coupons
Then we have the coupon publisher. This is the guy who wants all the coupons from the coupon aggregator published on his site. If I have to put it in just one word this guy is “you”.
Another part in this system is the API – Application Programming Interface. Are these too many perplexing terms for you? No Worries! Don’t break a sweat over it. In simple terms an API is a door for you as a coupon publisher to the coupon database of the coupon aggregator.
In the last point I explained about how an API is a door. If API is a door then the Client Id is a key to that door. Essentially it is a unique id that is assigned to the coupon aggregator and can be used by a publisher to access the coupon database.
Lastly, here comes the guy playing the lead role in this system. The coupon importer as the name suggests is that part in the system that extracts the coupon database from the aggregator to the publisher and automates the process of publishing this on the coupon publishing website.
Coupon Importer for ClipperTheme
- At WisdmLabs we have designed and built a solution for coupon importer which is developed around the Clipper theme. The coupon aggregator that was kept in mind while designing this system is cuponation.
- Here the coupon publisher is provided with a coupon importer in the left panel of the admin page.
- On clicking on the ‘Coupon Importer’ option the user is presented with a screen which is as below.
- Here the user has to enter the client id i.e. the unique key of cuponation and click on the ‘Import Values’ button.
- On clicking this button the Coupon Importer functionality is in full gear and it imports and publishes all the coupons to the publisher’s website.
- Additionally, it stores the client id into the database. If the client id is already stored in the database it displays a message communicating the same to the user.
- In the scenario in which the the coupon already exists on the publisher’s site a message a message is displayed to the user informing the same.
Automated Coupon Import
The coupon importer that we have developed has a functionality to automate the coupon import process. This functionality uses the client ids stored in the database to import new coupons from the aggregator at periodic intervals. So, if you have a requirement in which you want to update the coupons from the various client ids at least once a day then we can set that for you and your good to go.
However, you should note the part where I said – ‘This functionality uses the client ids stored in the database’. Hence, the user will have to manually import coupons for each client id at least once for it to be stored in the database. Every update for that client id thereafter will be automated.
The Coupon Importer you need is different?
Well if the coupon imported the coupon importer that you need is I am assuming it falls in one of the following categories.
- The Coupon Aggregator you want to use is different.
- The Coupon Publisher Theme or Plugin you are using is different.
- Both the aggregator as well as publisher you are using are different.
While the customization needed in each of the above scenarios is varied… it is definitely possible!
If you are still in the process of setting up a coupon publishing system for your website then I’m a step ahead of you. So, let’s step back! We have the expertise to set up a coupon publishing system too. In such a case we can integrate the coupon importer with the coupon publishing system that we provide to you.
So start using a Coupon Importer for your coupon website and provide the users with updated coupons periodically, while making life simpler for yourself!!