Allow Customers to ‘Pick and Create’ Their Own Toy Bundle in WooCommerce
Lillian Mowrer runs a toy e-store on WooCommerce.
Over the past year, her store’s revenue has grown by 18%. And all she spent was $59!
Want to know Lillian’s secret?
Marketing savvy Lillian sells customizable toy bundles!
Selling Toy Bundles or Collections
Product bundling is an age old marketing strategy.
Bundling and selling products on your toy store will surely help you improve sales; but the real key is to allow customers the flexibility to build their own toy bundle.
You’ve got big players in the game industry like Nintendo doing this already.
And here’s why:
- It enhances customer experience: Allowing customers the option to pick and choose their own toys to create a bundle, makes the experience buyer friendly. They enjoy the flexibility of being able to mix and match toys to create their own bundle, instead of purchasing a pre-made assortment
- The price point increases the chance of a sale: The best of us have fallen prey to this tactic. Pricing a toy bundle at a price slightly lower than the cost of purchasing the toys individually entices the buyer to make a purchase
Not a toy company, but Crayola offers a similar option too:
If you’re convinced about the ‘why’, it’s time to take a look at ‘how’.
Let’s explore how you can go about adding this functionality to WooCommerce.
Offering Custom Toy Bundles in Your WooCommerce Store
Being able to offer shoppers the possibility to custom create toy bundles, is a matter of adding the below options:
- Allow shoppers to pick the toys they desire
- Adjust the toy assortment based on their preference
- Checkout the bundle as a single product
The plugin that incorporates this functionality into your WooCommerce store is Custom Product Boxes.
With Custom Product Boxes, you can set up store created bundles as well as flexible user customized bundles in three simple steps!
Step #1 Create Bundle Products
With Custom Product Boxes, you can create a ‘Custom Product Box’, that is essentially an assortment product, e.g. ‘Superhero Mega Pack’, ‘Pack of Three Toy Accessories’ and so on. You can set the box price and the quantity.
Step #2 Link Toy Products
Toys in your store should be linked to the ‘Custom Product Box’. This will allow your shoppers to pick from the list of linked toys.
Step #3 Publish the Product
This step’s quite simple! Add a name, a great image, and publish the product.
Now, on your WooCommerce Toy store, shoppers will have the option to select a custom toy bundle, and add and remove products according to their preference.
They will then be able to purchase the assorted toy bundle as a single product.
By adding the custom toy bundle as a related product on individual toy products, you can certainly increase upsells and revenue!