PHP:5.6 or Higher
Important: This plugin is a premium extension for the WooCommerce plugin. You must have the WooCommerce plugin already installed.
- Upon purchasing the Custom Product Boxes plugin, an email will be sent to the registered email id, with the download link for the plugin and a purchase receipt id. Download the plugin using the download link.
- Go to Plugin-> Add New menu in your dashboard and click on the ‘Upload’ tab. Choose the ‘Custom-Product-Boxes.zip’ file to be uploaded and click on ‘Install Now’.
- After the plugin has been installed successfully, click on the Activate Plugin link or activate the Custom Product Boxes plugin from your Plugins page.
- A ‘WisdmLabs License Options’ sub-menu will be created on the dashboard. Click on this menu and enter your purchased product’s license key. Click on Activate License. If the license is valid, an ‘Active’ status message will be displayed, else ‘Inactive’ will be displayed.
- Upon entering a valid license key, and activating the license, a ‘Custom Product Boxes’ tab will be created under the ‘Product Data’ section for every single Product settings page in your dashboard.
- In WooCommerce-> Settings -> Product -> Display -> Product Images
- Uncheck the ‘Enable Lightbox for product images’ option and save the changes made.
- Set the ‘Product Thumbnails’ size to a suitable value and save the changes. For example, for square product images (e.g. chocolates, or cupcakes) set the values such as 90×90. For rectangular images (e.g. bottles) set the values such as 45×90. Remember to regenerate the thumbnails to ensure the values get updated.
Once you purchase and install the Custom Product Boxes Plugin, a product type called as ‘Custom Product Box’ is created for every WooCommerce Product.
How to Create a User Assorted Product Bundle or a Custom Product Box?
To create a user assorted bundle, you will have to set the product type as ‘Custom Product Box’. Add product details in the – ‘Custom Box Settings’ – tab.
Product Box Settings
- Pricing Type: This field allows you to set a fixed price for the box, or calculate the price dynamically, using one of the below option:
- Fixed Pricing: This option allows you to set a fixed price for the box. You can set a fixed price for the box as the ‘Regular Price’ of the product.
- Per Product Pricing with Base Pricing: This option allows you to set a base price for the product (‘Regular Price’), but calculates the price dynamically by adding on the prices of the products being added.
- Per Product Pricing without Base Pricing: This option does not take into account the price of the box, but rather calculates the price by dynamically adding the prices of the products being added.
- Box Quantity: In this field, enter the capacity of the box (the number of items/product pieces which can be added to the box). For example, for an assorted box of chocolates, say a user can add 12 pieces, then set ‘Box Quantity’ to 12
- Select Box Layout : The Admin can select either the Vertical layout/Horizontal layout/Vertical Right Layout for the Custom Box and the Product layout to be displayed.
- Items per row in Gift Box : To represent the box on the product page a grid is shown. Select the number of columns (2 or 3) you want in the grid.
- Items per row in Product Layout: On the product page, there will be a layout for add-on products. Select the number of columns (2 or 3) for add-on products as well.
- Colour for Gift Box: The admin can select the colour which they would like to provide to the gift box
- Allow Partially-Filled Box: Selecting this option allows the user to add the custom box to the cart without having to fill the box to its capacity.
- Sort Products by Date: Selecting this option displays the new product at the top in the product grid.
- Allow Scroll Lock: If this option is selected then the custom product box will move along with the page as you scroll the page.
- Enable Gift Box: Allows Customers to send a gift message along with a gift box.
- Gift Message Label: The admin can set a message label for the custom box.
- Pre-Filled Box: With this option, the custom box will be pre-filled with one or more products of your choice. You can select the Mandatory checkbox so that the product will be mandatorily purchased.
- Remove Mandatory Products: Selecting this option enables the users to remove the mandatory products if they are out of stock since the custom box cannot be added to the cart if the products are out of stock.
Using the product selector field, select the Simple Products which can be added to the Custom Product Box. The product selector makes it simple to select the products and add them to the list.
Custom Product Boxes Administrator Settings
In the dashboard go to CPB Settings and you will see the options to change the text of Grand Total, Additional Box charges, Box Total.
You also have the option to hide/display fields like Additional Box charges, Box Total, Stock Messages.
Select Variable Products and its Variations:
- When you add a main variable product to the Add-On Product list, the list includes all of its variations.
- If you add a main variable product as well as its variation to the Add-On Product list, then the variation will be shown only once.
How can Customers create their Assorted Products box?
Once you create and publish a ‘Custom Product Box’ product, it will be added as usual to the WooCommerce shop page. When a user selects the product, he will be shown a grid layout which represents the box and a products layout which contains the add-on products (which can be added to the box).
Vertical Right Layout
In the vertical right layout, the product grid appears at the left and the gift box appears at the right.
Additional Product Box Settings in Horizontal Layout
- Items per row in Gift Box: You can select the number of boxes in the gift box ranging from 2-8.
- Colour for Gift Box: The admin can select the colour which they would like to provide to the gift box.
- Background Colour for Gift Box: The admin can select the background colour which they would like to provide to the gift box. The background colour should match the theme’s colour.
Custom Product Boxes Functionality:
- For every add-on product, the quantity available is shown below the product. For example, ‘5 in Stock’ is shown if only 5 items are in stock. Or ‘Out of Stock’ is shown, if the product is not available.
- There will be an add-option for every product add-on, using which a customer can add the product to the box. A single click of the add option will add a single item to the box. To add multiple items of the same add-on, the customer will have to click the add option multiple times as required.
- Once the customer adds the product to the box, a position in the box will be occupied by the selected add-on.
- There will be a remove option associated with every added item in the box.
- The customer can set the quantity of the box before adding it to cart. But the quantity can be increased only if there are enough add-on items in stock.
- For Prefilled products add quantity that is available in stock.
- Once you update the individual product details you need to update the product again in the Add-On Product list.
ver 2.2.2 (24-05-2018)
- New – Settings for enabling or disabling the box calculations.
- New – Setting for hiding stock message even if WwooCommerce manage stock is enabled.
- New- Made plugin GDPR compliance.
- Improvement – Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.4.
ver 2.2.1 (04-04-2018)
- Fix- Fixed the conflicts with the select2 library.
- Fix – Prefill quantity fixes in Mobile Layout.
- Feature – Support for variable products.
- Fix – Scroll lock issue for vertical right layout.
- Fix – Virtual product shipping issue when all add-on products added to the box are virtual.
- Fix – Fixed the issue of tax class and shipping class for other products when CPB plugin is active.
- Fix – The styling of color pickers fixed.
- Fix – Layout fixes for the various themes (Header of themes were displayed blank).
- Feature – Detailed Total calculation.
- Feature – Setting for selecting box colour and background colour.
- Feature: Added box price text by displaying gift box total, additional box charges and grand total for each custom product box
- Improvement – Layout Improvements like, improved the horizontal layout alignment, improved the plus & minus icon.
- Improvement – Theme compatibility with best selling themes like Flatsome, Encode, Avada, Shopkeeper, Retailer
- Improvement- Included tax calculation with box total.
- Fix – Incorrect total calculation on increasing/decreasing box quantity.
- Fix: Improvements in progress message display includes display time was not consistent and some minor style changes.
- Feature – Multiple layouts for desktop view on per product level (Horizontal and Vertical Layout).
- Feature – Templates that can be overriden by third party themes or plugins.
- Feature -List Layout for mobile view.
- Feature -Gift Message (Allows customer to send a message with the box).
- Tweak -Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.0.1.
- Tweak – Integrated updated licensing code.
- Fix – Gift box sizes.
- Fix – Product type in product listing page.
- Fix – Stock message for products in CPB Product.
- Feature – Setting to enable or disable scroll locking of the gift box.
- Feature – Settings to allows pre-filled products in gift box which can be removable or mandatory.
- Feature – Replaced the Add and remove icons with semi gray symbols that appear on hover.
- Fix – Handled fatal error occurring when any of the product associated with custom product box is deleted.
- Fix – Fixed conflict when we add more than one ‘custom product boxes’ products in the cart.
- Fix – Handled Fatal error on ‘Undo CPB removal’.
- Fix – Made plugin compatible with woocommerce 2.6.1.
- Fix – Scroll lock issue on mobile devices resolved.
- Fix – Round off issue when the decimal seperators and thousand seperators are other than dot and comma.
- Fix – The gift box dotted lined layout error.
- Fix – Inventory Management.
- Fix – Update Cart Quantity.
- Improvement – Made plugin compatible with woocommerce 2.5.5 and wordpress 4.5.2.
- Improvement – Removed Variable product from the Add-On products Field.
- Improvement – Hide out of stock product if woocommerce setting is enabled.
- Feature – Clipped long product titles and displayed title upto 2 lines.
- Feature – Added a setting for sorting the products by date.
- Feature – Fixed the height of box for all products to avoid inconsistency in bundle products layout.
- Feature – Scrolls the gift box layout on scrolling the page.
- Improvement: Minor UI changes
- New: Added Hungarian translation files
- Bug Fix: Warning message when a product with ‘sold individually’ attribute as true has been added more than once in the cart
- New: Added the feature to allow purchase of partially filled boxes
- Improvement: Made PSR 2 compatible
- Improvement: Improved plugin load performance
- Improvement: Compatible with PHP version less than 5.4
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce 2.4.8 and WordPress 4.3.1
- Bug Fix: Pricing error for ‘Per Product Pricing without Base Price’ resolved
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce 2.4.6 and WordPress 4.3.1
- Bug Fix: Warning displayed at the session start resolved
- Bug Fix: Layout issues resolved
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce 2.4.6 and WordPress 4.3
- New: Made Responsive
- New: Dropdown for options -> per product pricing, product base pricing with base price & product base pricing without base price
- New: Compatibility with product add-ons
- New: Compatibility with WooCommerce discount coupons
- Bug Fix: Sub-item not being shown in cart resolved
- New: Instant Price update on selection of product add-on, Quantity change etc
- Improvement: Updated plugin licensing
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce 2.3.9
- Bug Fix: related to LightBox fixed
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce 2.3.5
- Improvement: Compatible with WooCommerce 2.3.3
- New: Changed multiple “Add-On Products” layout and functionality
- Bug Fix: General fixes
- New: Added missing text domains in files
- New: Added validations where required
- Bug Fix: ‘Out of Stock’ error resolved
- Bug Fix: JS error resolved
- Bug Fix: General fixes
- New: Validation added for add-on products
- New: Added maybe_unserialize while fetching data from database
- New: Code updated to check whether the session is empty or not
- Bug Fix: Issue with redirects to blank page after checkout resolved
- New: Removed unnecessary add action hooks
- New: Added 200px as default value to grid height
- Plugin Released